warrior RICAS vest

http://www.uktactical.com/acatalog/copy_of_Warrior__R.I.C.A.S.html

Its meant to be pretty good kit, that site used to have a gallery showing mostly chest rigs being used in Afghanistan.

I'm not in the military however from posts on similar topics, why would you want the RICAS with soft armour and Osprey plates in it when Osprey has been designed with its own ballistic filler that has been proven to have saved soldier's from both shot and blast injuries that may have proven fatal without Osprey?

Because Osprey is a pukka naus, has an attrocious build quality, is far too heavy for an infantryman and (in my humble experience) doesn't make enough of a difference to warrant the burden it causes.

Warrior's range of fighting order is top quality and I thoroughly recommend it. Unfortunately, in the current political climate, you probably will not be allowed to wear it as a plate carrier but only as a subsititute for webbing.

Lost_Boy said:
Because Osprey is a pukka naus, has an attrocious build quality, is far too heavy for an infantryman and (in my humble experience) doesn't make enough of a difference to warrant the burden it causes.

Warrior's range of fighting order is top quality and I thoroughly recommend it. Unfortunately, in the current political climate, you probably will not be allowed to wear it as a plate carrier but only as a subsititute for webbing.
This isn't something I'd be inclined to do but what about putting the issue plates in side a warrior plate carrier? I'm not even sure what good this would do but it's something I've been thinking about.

Essentially you are using issue kit as far as the armour is concerned so I wouldn't have thought there would be a problem.

T C

When I got caught doing that I was not in my CSM's good graces for a period of time to follow. But if you can get away with it, fair play.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

BBear

LE
Kit Reviewer
I can't quite make out the capbadge of the lads in the blue berets. Hcav?

I dunno, but they seem to be trying a little too hard. Whilst the big Jock and Mick lads look a bit handy...

Not HCav , no Blue Red Blue patch behind badge, some sort of provost thing?

Bottom right looks like it could be the Staffordshire Regiment, but I don't know how old this picture is. Bottom left could be the provost Staff Corps but they went in 1992?

T C

Staff's became no more in '07 so it can't be them...

A larger version can be seen here....

The Fijian looking bloke's cap-badge looks a bit PWRR... I'm going for a lie down...

T C

BBear

LE
Kit Reviewer
Just realised, looking at the big picture, that the bloke next to the Fijian is wearing... MITTENS!