warrior RICAS vest

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by secondtonone, Jan 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. any one got any feed back from these vest or pictures. been told they take osprey plates can you fit the soft armour in them?
  2. http://www.uktactical.com/acatalog/copy_of_Warrior__R.I.C.A.S.html

Its meant to be pretty good kit, that site used to have a gallery showing mostly chest rigs being used in Afghanistan.

I'm not in the military however from posts on similar topics, why would you want the RICAS with soft armour and Osprey plates in it when Osprey has been designed with its own ballistic filler that has been proven to have saved soldier's from both shot and blast injuries that may have proven fatal without Osprey?
  3. Because Osprey is a pukka naus, has an attrocious build quality, is far too heavy for an infantryman and (in my humble experience) doesn't make enough of a difference to warrant the burden it causes.

Warrior's range of fighting order is top quality and I thoroughly recommend it. Unfortunately, in the current political climate, you probably will not be allowed to wear it as a plate carrier but only as a subsititute for webbing.
  4. This isn't something I'd be inclined to do but what about putting the issue plates in side a warrior plate carrier? I'm not even sure what good this would do but it's something I've been thinking about.

Essentially you are using issue kit as far as the armour is concerned so I wouldn't have thought there would be a problem.

T C
  5. When I got caught doing that I was not in my CSM's good graces for a period of time to follow. But if you can get away with it, fair play.
  6. Lucky them.

I have seen it issued to certain people in theatre so it is quite frustrating to not be allowed to use it myself.
  7. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Even though its only January that cabbagehead looks to be the dead cert winner of the Hoopfondler of the Year award.

8. Mongo

Mongo LE Reviewer

FWIW that's a Paraclete RAV, not Warrior, and as I understand it has been tested by (and is certainly in use with) 'them'.

9. 1st round of the 2009 season 'IM ALLY' competition has started then .
  10. Wow!Internet shopping at its best!

'Trying to hard' Ally?
  11. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

I can't quite make out the capbadge of the lads in the blue berets. Hcav?

I dunno, but they seem to be trying a little too hard. Whilst the big Jock and Mick lads look a bit handy...
  12. Lots of Blackhawk holsters about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. Not HCav , no Blue Red Blue patch behind badge, some sort of provost thing?
  14. Bottom right looks like it could be the Staffordshire Regiment, but I don't know how old this picture is. Bottom left could be the provost Staff Corps but they went in 1992?

T C