Warrior mk2 vs. sneeker mk 2?

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Daggonet, Mar 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey all, first post here.

I've been mulling over 2 different pairs of boots and wasn't quite sure which to buy.

I wanted to get the warriors, but i only have 1 issue with them, and it's that it seems to be a shorter cut than the sneekers and quite a few other boots out on the market.

Then i considered the sneekers, however, i have 3 issues with it. The soft leather on the heel seems to provide less ankle support. The tongue is made of cordura, and it appears to let water seep in a little too easily for comfort, and finally, i've heard that the sneekers sole is on the softer side and as such, tends to wear out a little faster.

I was also going to get the new line of brown boots. Any views on that? It's mostly for personal tabbing, hiking and jungle wear, and it tends to be hot and humid here, but a little heat never bugged me too much.

2. Massive sticky just about boots.
  3. Well that's the thing, I've went through the lot (lurkin for the past couple days on that thread alone) and i've still not got my mind made. I know you hate alt bergs though, but the site i order from only have 1 desert boot for lowa's, magnums, and i was eyeing the brown ones from alt berg anyways.
  4. Go on intelligent armour website.
  5. I can' buy from intelligent armour, or any other site for that matter. I bought a pair of boots that were fault about 2 months ago, and had them sent back, and if Magnum finds them to be faulty indeed, then i'd get store credits and shipping back to me for free. I reckon i'd settle for the warriors though. I'd rather have something short and tough rather then have something long and flappy that'd tear easier... (if you know what i mean)
  6. So you want advice but when told of a massive thread about boots you say it isn't any use. I tell you of a good website and you say you that you can't buy from any site.

What exactly do you want? Someone to hold your hand and take you from shop to shop helping you try them on?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Yes, the advice is insufficient for me to make a decision. I can buy from 1 website only, for reasons I've already stated. If i could go to the shop and try it on, i wouldn't be here, but any shop carrying alt bergs or lowa's is probably thousands of clicks away, so if that someone has a private jet who is willing to fly me there while he's holding my hand, i'd be more than grateful.

Don't get me, wrong, i'm eternally grateful for all the advice I've read already, so if anyone has or still does own either of these boots, some of your views and reviews, and links would be greatly appreciated.
  8. Strange. My version of the Internet allows me to buy from shops that have a return policy.

Lowa patrols are the best all rounders IMO. You can buy them on the websites you can't use.
  9. I am amazed at the number of posts on here about boots. I started to climb wearing Tricouni nails, click scrape, but the taught good foot placement. I remember the day I got my first pair of commando soled Vibrams, Oh joy was I the kid, Everest here we come. I very much doubt if any young guys posting on here would even use them for gardening nowadays. No bellow tongue, no padding just thin leather, no hooks or fancy D ring lace up systems, just lace holes. They leaked like sieves, and an essential in any hill sack especially in winter was a couple of pairs of spare socks. They were "Bendy" no plate in the sole so rock climbing in them especially on thin stuff was sometimes a bit of a challenge.
    You lucky buggers with all this modern kit don't know your born, but I must admit so much choice must present a few problems. I bet you spent more time agonising on what to buy than you do actually hoofing it. :)
    Anyway just to show you that there is nothing new about the great boot debate I thought some of you might not know this old song.

If its climbing you go there’s a tale you should know
    that will make you both quiver and quail
    of a hole in your toe where a clinker should go
    and it’s all for the want of a nail.

You’re a thousand feet high and nearing the sky
    But you can’t get a grip on the shale
    only ten feet away there’s a perfect belay
    And it’s all for the want of a nail

There scarcely a grip for a small finger tip
    And a thousand foot drop if you fail
    There a pumping machine were your heart should have been
    And it’s all for the want of a nail.

The good lord looks down and he laughs like a clown
    There’ll soon be a rucksack for sale
    If our eyes don’t deceive us this guy’s going to leave us
    And it’s all for the want of a nail.

They scraped his remains from the sharp rocks below
    and carried them off in a pail
    and the toast that they drank to the body that stank
    it was all for the want of a nail.

They buried him high where the peaks meet the sky
    And around him a white wooden rail
    And if you look closely there you will see
    It was all for the want of a nail

Now this is the end of my sad little song
    the end of my sad little tale
    Don’t ever climb with a hole in your toe
  10. Sarge, I'd like nothing more than to have options of other choice. As it is, if i stick to the site i ordered from, i'd get return shipping free, and i'm not about to lose out on 50 pounds as i'm based halfway around the globe. I was eyeing the Lowa combat boot, but they don't carry it in either desert or brown, which is why i'm leaning for alt bergs.

K42, I was actually wondering what the tongue feature that's covered on both sides was called, and it appears you've answered my question for me.

If someone was so kind as to let me know if the sepia warrior mark 2's came with bellows tongue, last thing i want is water seeping trough the tongue.

11. I have both but in black. Warrior and sneekers have the same sole I think..? Sneeker is not even slightly waterproof and is very light and flexible - designed for running really. Warrior is a field boot, weighs about the same(ish) as CABs, is more supportive than the sneeker, but aren't as tall. Ideally I would want something inbetween the two, light enough to make a difference when running but still full waterproof and a little bit more supportive.. might try the lowa patrol next then..
  12. I am now a postie,bought meself warrior mk2's,great boots,no breaking in totally waterproof,great service from AltBerg too,had to change 1st pair,no probs
  13. That's nice. My Postie gets given an Astra van to cut about in.
  14. good bit of info that,ta
  15. Why did you have to change first pair? Too small I imagine.