Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

Warrior Elite Ops Pegasus Pack

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
A new review has been created: Warrior Elite Ops Pegasus Pack

It's been a long time since I've banged up a review. A few weeks ago I got a message out of the blue asking me if I wanted to have a look at something from the Warrior Elite Ops range of goodies from UK Tactical, so obviously I jumped at the chance.

Being a sailor I have very little use these days for a decent set of webbing, chest rig etc. They do a variety of nice looking grab bags, bergens etc. but I thought I'd be able to get the best use (and therefore do the most effective review) on their smaller day sack, the Elite Ops Pegasus, so I chose that and a few days later it arrived.

First impressions on opening it were very good. It feels solid, I mean really strong - everywhere.

The bumf off the website:

Overview
The Pegasus Pack is the baby brother to the best selling Predator pack (see Mr Bane's video review). It also features the “Clamshell” fully extended opening of the main compartment. IT comes with a padded lumbar support featuring 3D Mesh. The inside compartment features 3 zipped mesh pockets on the inside of the lid for storage while the outside has small and large cargo pouch pockets to facilitate quick access to smaller mission critical items. Internally there is a hydration sleeve which has webbing sewn on in order to allow the attachment of various pouches when required. The top of the pack features Antenna and Hydration tube ports either side of the heavy duty carry handle.
Size
Main compartment
5.5" x 13" x 15" (140mm x 330mm 390mm)
Pouch 1
2" x 9" x 8.5" (50mm x 240mm x 220mm)
Pouch 2
4.5" x 10" x 2.5" (120mm x 260mm x 70mm)
Capacity
23 Litres (approximately)

RRP £137.95 currently available from UK Tactical for £104.95 inc VAT

Available colours:

Black
CRYE Multicam (Definitely not the same as MTP ;) )
Coyote Tan
Olive Green
A-Tacs FG
A-Tacs AU
Ranger Green

Now I actually own a very similar but cheaper, legally different but the same as MTP, daysack that I got from Amazon. It's a little bigger at 40ish litres but essentially the same sort of thing, they do a smaller 28 litre version of this bag for about 25 quid which is quite similar to the Pegasus. Clearly my first thought was "How can these guys justify charging 5x as much for a very similar bag?"

It's true, looking at the two bags side by side you'd struggle to justify the Pegasus's extra cost, even at the reduced price of £104.95. They both feature all the same things you'd expect from a military rucksack, MOLLE straps everywhere, hydration...

Read the full review here...

Screenshot_20171017-132434.png

Apparently your review is top secret

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I think one of the grown ups has to read it first. Otherwise I might go rogue and start slapping up reviews for dildos and shit.

It opens now. Sinner is a nasty man. Can't believe he was paroled.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Hmmm, can’t seem to post photos to the review so I’ll stick em here.

ACC11C72-440A-46F2-AA2A-CB2D4E8E7E01.jpeg

4F4CB03C-3819-4787-86E3-7BEE4800DFAB.jpeg
3F635E2A-97BA-49B8-953F-788D1DA4A54E.jpeg

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I think one of the grown ups has to read it first. Otherwise I might go rogue and start slapping up reviews for dildos and shit.
T'was I wot put it up. It did not show because of lack of pic which I have now added. I hope that is the bag. It is showing now. I used a stock pic from the web to get the review showing, apparently it needs a pic in reviews. I have also uploaded your pics which can be seen in the images page. If you want them moved on to the review then let me know and I will do.

Sorry for the delay in fixing this, hadn't realised it was not up.

Brilliant. A review of some kit by someone with zero experience or knowledge.

Amazing

K C C O

Using the letters provided describe Widow11

Bless. School starting late in the morning?

Military themed website can’t find an actual soldier to test kit?

Well he has been a soldier if a Stab.
Which is probably why he goes into detail about using it on the fells as well as general use rather than describing assaulting north Korea.
You know it's not only squaddies use day sacks?
If you are so upset send your CV to the COs with a cover letter explaining how you are the perfect man for the job of kit reveiwer.
I am sure your reviews will be as well written and enjoyable to the readership as those posted by Ravers.

Or a pile of cack.
On doing a bit of research the second option seems most likely, you have started 4 threads, one is deleted.
The others have got little interest and not past one page of replies.

Go check out Ravers thread. Should keep you busy as they're reet popular.

Last edited:

widow11

On ROPS
On ROPs
Well he has been a soldier if a Stab.
Which is probably why he goes into detail about using it on the fells as well as general use rather than describing assaulting north Korea.
You know it's not only squaddies use day sacks?
If you are so upset send your CV to the COs with a cover letter explaining how you are the perfect man for the job of kit reveiwer.
I am sure your reviews will be as well written and enjoyable to the readership.

Or a pile of cack.

Well written? Snigger.

I do appreciate this is a civilian website nowadays - wonder when the word Army will be removed from the title?

TamH70

MIA
Wow. Five whole medals, just like me, and you are a dick as well? Kudos, mr widow!

Anyway...

Good review, Ravers. Looks like a nice pack. I kinda like the one I just got so I'll bear your review in mind should it break. (I have one of these: Rothco Medium Transport Pack - not quite as pricey as yours but it's still a lot better built than the Karrimor one I killed in less than a year)

Wow. Five whole medals, just like me, and you are a dick as well? Kudos, mr widow!

Anyway...

Good review, Ravers. Looks like a nice pack. I kinda like the one I just got so I'll bear your review in mind should it break. (I have one of these: Rothco Medium Transport Pack - not quite as pricey as yours but it's still a lot better built than the Karrimor one I killed in less than a year)

Watch it fella, widows a button basher.
Unless you can prove you are a tier1 SF sooperdooper trooper like him your opinion is void

TamH70

MIA
Watch it fella, widows a button basher.
Unless you can prove you are a tier1 SF sooperdooper trooper like him your opinion is void
Well that's me shit out of luck. My only tour was in BATUS, and that was years before a lot of you lot went south and east for a while. Dealing with OPFOR and BG was bad enough though.

Latest Threads