Warrior Crusader Pack

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by 303SMLE, Dec 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone got one of these? Is it any good? £150 for a Camelback seems to be a bit steep and Warrior have got a reputation as a decent make...

Warrior Crusader Pack

I'm mainly concerned, like the other 4 members of this site who aren't ACF :wink: , with finding something that will work acceptably with my Osprey.

2. It looks ok but has it got the quality of a Camel Back ? I think the Camel Back BFM is the best you can get.It does cost a bit though

3. you get what you pay for. depends what's higher up your agenda - £60 or faith in your kit. If it falls apart mid-patrol, you'll always wonder if it would still be in 1 piece if it had been a Camelbak.

Personally, I don't like the design (not brand specific), because if the zip breaks (which sand does have a habit of being involved with), you're f*cked. At least with, for instance, an NI pack, if you break the clips the shape of the bag means it will still do it's job.

4. Up to a point I'd agree with you, but every bugger seems to be going over to Camelback or Camelback esque designs now, so I thought there must be something in it.

I'm pretty sure that the camelback has seen a fairly massive price inflation in the last few years from around the £100 mark, to me that says 'brand snobbery' not quality.

5. Camal Back have a few different types,The Motherlode is the standard daysac thats good for a patroll , the Camal Back BFM or BFM 500 are the daddies,this is the more kit it can hold the more kit you will pack.

6. Warrior kit that i have used so far has been very good, Had one of there patrol packs very well made with Nexus clips and ykk zips. there webbing and pouches are bomb proof aswell.

7. Indeed, the pack does hold a bigger amount, but like I said the problem is you only need to knacker a zip and your kit ends up all over the desert.

I've seen a lot of people just carting about shortback bergens without the side pouches, and a lot of people 're-cycling' BOWMAN daysacks without the radio straps.

You can actually buy them without the radio straps, as it happens.