Warrant Officers Dress

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by QManWpns, Jun 16, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Help Im about to be posted to a DIV HQ and a form of dress they wear on monday is browns with SD hats :eek: . Can anyone help me, as to where I can get an SD hat and all the other accoutrements, shoes wrislets etc. Whats wrong with No8 dress I dont know.Thanks

2. stores for wristlets which are issue, stores for shoes and fawn shirts but youll have to pay and for your hat and tie youll probably have to either get them from a tailor or buy them off one of the old and bold who are leaving.

3. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Get on www.ebay.co.uk In fact I might have some hanging around! Must list it asap!

4. Thanks for the advice having just back from another OP TOUR Im a bit out of the loop and still cant beleive Im gonna be leaving the field force....Gutted

5. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

I thought WOs were entitled to "posh" kit at public expense?

John Bulls of Catterick do lovely one piece WOs leather wristbands and brass rank badges btw. Better than that issue spunk.

PM me for details.

6. WO's have to purchase the SD Hat, Officer tie and shirts but the wristlet comes free. Unfortunately as quoted earlier the issue wristlet is a bit puffy ?

7. make sure that you buy the leather shoes as well, the newer ones are made of crappy plastic.

8. Never understood the dress policy for WO1s. Apparently, RSMs in some regiments are given officer pattern dress out of regimental funds. RLC WO1s can ask for permission to wear officer pattern dress but have to pay for it themselves, whereas guards WO1s seem to be prohibited from wearing officer pattern dress.