Warrant Officer notches up 8,000 flying hours

Discussion in 'Royal Navy' started by MoD_RSS, Sep 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

That's nearly a year.

3. Good effort!!!
  4. Wow Navy PR almost as bad as RAF PR, FFS we are doomed.
  5. I detect a flying hours walt.

Firstly, if the dates are right, he must be well over 60. How can he still be serving in any capacity?

Secondly, he's in a wheelchair. Now I'm all for equality and diversity but installing a wheelchair access ramp on a helicopter seems a bit extreme. (Do you think his war cry, as he flies into battle is "TIMMY!!".

Clearly he's just retired from the Co-Op and fooled the RN into giving him a presentation.
  6. Wow. Most commercial pilots end their careers with 25-30,000...

It's very different in the forces, but still 8,000 isn't much really.
  7. Do we have to salute him?
  8. Only if you really respect him or you are an arse licker of biblical proportion.
  9. Am I missing something here? He’s a load master! So in short he has spent a lot of time sitting in the back of a lot of helicopters, over a time span that would not been possible to people in more physically active parts of the forces.

FFS what a non story, now if they want a real story they could do one on how many wanks I’ve had in various Sangers all over the world.
  10. My brother was 60 in July, and the RAF are hanging on to him till christmas coz his replacement is busy till then, mind you he's now in the reserves after doing a full career.
  11. You didn't see the saga of Chief Two then Mr Heed? A Yank WO who was about 22 but expected a salute from AcSM, GSM LonDist etc because Yank WOs are 'commissioned'.
  12. Must have been a **** learning to use night vision googles. Put on head, turn on. Right bastard of a course.
  13. 8000 hrs rotary is certainly an impressive achievement, particularly given they encompass several conflicts.

Well done Mr Sheldon!

• Like Like x 1
  14. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Happens more and more these days - chinooks and merlins have them as standard.

15. You'd be surprised.
    A crab loadie retired a few years back with the rank of Sqn Ldr, 45 years in and 12000 hours on the clock.
    He may not have used a wheelchair, but I bet he had a zimmer frame on his flick.