• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Warrant Officer notches up 8,000 flying hours

I detect a flying hours walt.

Firstly, if the dates are right, he must be well over 60. How can he still be serving in any capacity?

Secondly, he's in a wheelchair. Now I'm all for equality and diversity but installing a wheelchair access ramp on a helicopter seems a bit extreme. (Do you think his war cry, as he flies into battle is "TIMMY!!".

Clearly he's just retired from the Co-Op and fooled the RN into giving him a presentation.

Wow. Most commercial pilots end their careers with 25-30,000...

It's very different in the forces, but still 8,000 isn't much really.

Am I missing something here? He’s a load master! So in short he has spent a lot of time sitting in the back of a lot of helicopters, over a time span that would not been possible to people in more physically active parts of the forces.

FFS what a non story, now if they want a real story they could do one on how many wanks I’ve had in various Sangers all over the world.

Firstly, if the dates are right, he must be well over 60. How can he still be serving in any capacity?

Secondly, he's in a wheelchair. Now I'm all for equality and diversity but installing a wheelchair access ramp on a helicopter seems a bit extreme. (Do you think his war cry, as he flies into battle is "TIMMY!!".

Clearly he's just retired from the Co-Op and fooled the RN into giving him a presentation.
My brother was 60 in July, and the RAF are hanging on to him till christmas coz his replacement is busy till then, mind you he's now in the reserves after doing a full career.

You'd be surprised.
A crab loadie retired a few years back with the rank of Sqn Ldr, 45 years in and 12000 hours on the clock.
He may not have used a wheelchair, but I bet he had a zimmer frame on his flick.

Latest Threads