Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Porridge_gun, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

There have been a couple of threads knocking around about people pretending to be something that they aren't on the internet.

Just because someone is on a Forces based website doesn't automatically make them a bon euf genuine chap / chick. What they say isn't necessarily the truth and sometimes peoples motives aren't always good ones.

The only thing that's guaranteed is that they will be caught out at some stage.

The site cannot be held responsible for anyone taken in by any of its members. Common sense has to be applied, then people won't end up in situations as have been demonstrated in some of the threads of late.

If someone is offering you a job and it seems too good to be true, chances are it is. If someone is claiming to be third in line to the Icelandic throne, tell them they are fibbers and don't leap on a train to meet them.

If you are a bit on the gullible side, if you feel you are easily fooled by internet oddballs, simply don't mix life on a website with the real world, that way no one can get hurt and the worst that can happen is a little bit of coffee on your keyboard.

What I will do is leave this as a sticky, if you have had experiences about members here and feel you have been had over post them here, but please, if you have been daft, stupid or gullible expect a bit of flack in return.

If a members behaviour is so out of order, then simply report them to the police, not the site admins, we / they have no powers of arrest, stopping chocolate rations or telling their mums. The more sinister can be dealt with by the law.

I'll kick off by adding Ursus.Maritimus - Craig Colclough
  2. Phew.

*Walks off to the sidelines, whistling nonchalantly*
  3. I think I might need to stock up on popcorn and bier! :twisted:
  4. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I don't want to point any fingers at anyone in particular, but I have asked a certain lady arrser for clunge shots four times now and she still hasn't sorted me out. Stop fcuking me about.

You know who you are.
  5. Indeed! Few extra puffs into me donut and settle in for much hilarity! Go on.... somebody post sumfin! Can't wait to hear the stories that prompted THIS thread. 8O
  6. This is the second time I've read something about Ursus_Maritimus. Is there any chance of learning what s/he did? Or is that on a need-to-know basis?

7. Maybe some sort of test like how a flashcard used to work ie with a shout of "sheds" everyone has so many seconds to produce said photos of their sheds.
  8. look up Craig Colclough on arrsepedia.
  9. What was the crack with 'Pararegtom'? Didn't he get stuff for auction with H4H ?
  10. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Personally I think the bloke is a legend. He engaged in a bit of minor waltery in order to impress some birds then ended up marrying three of them at the same time. He also pretended to be a doctor, probably so he could do medical examinations on women. He has also been accused of grooming female members of Arrse to become wives number 4, 5 and 6 and was doing just fine before some meddling kids and a big Great Dane got involved or something like that. I admit I may have got the wrong end of the stick somewhere along the line.
  11. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Didn't he claim to be Fred at one point?
  12. Can I just add that when you do suspect somebody of being a bit of a walt... of whatever sort... you don't need to start 25 threads on it!!!

nobody thinks you're cool because you spotted a potential walt.

13. @firthy - which nesbit216 do you refer to? there's been about 20!
  14. He's above board.
  15. Ahhhh Therealbigdizzle.... neither is it clever to post twice in the space of 1 minute to boost the old post count! :twisted:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.