Warning: You're a helmet if you don't wear one.

Linky thing to helmetless motor bike thief.

Notes Police policy of not pursuing suspects who aren't wearing the correct safety gear.

Q: Given that helmetless thief topped himself anyway, should the police just go for it anyway?

Q: If I'm being chased by police at my normal road speed of 120 mph, should I ring up their HQ and claim I'm not wearing a seat belt and have worn tyres, thus getting them to call off the chase?

I'm just waiting for the Speshul Solja's FB page to start and the whining that if the Police had arrested him the first time he might still be alive now.

He's just the latest example of natural selection, a great reason to let them thin the herd themselves.

Justice! Hope the bike wasn't too badly damaged

Ohdearhowsadnevermind.

The officers were asked not to pursue the suspects, as they were not wearing the correct safety equipment and were not wearing helmets,
Outstanding idea that. Might try nicking a speedboat and not wear a lifejacket, should make the getaway a bit easier..

I don't suppose that they will pursue armed robbers now. In case, upon being surrounded, they decide to top themselves.
But remember we still have the best police in the world.

No helmet!

My local Force has a policy of not pusuing anyone on two wheels! Too risky, apparently. That's why we now have cross border Crims, from the next county who whip across on a motorcycle, do a smash and grab then bugger off again, knowing they won't get followed.

Pursuing cars is similar, our Police call them off, then the neighbouring Force ram them off the road.

Risk aversion is ruining the Police Service, spineless senior coppers not wanting to risk their pension in the pursuit of criminals.

Then expecting their rank and file to do the job with their hands tied behind their backs.

Too often the blame is levelled at the rank and file on this site, it's the people in charge who have wholesale fecked up the Police along with their Political masters and Political correctness. Still, at least they'll get a few QPMs and Knighthoods at the end of it eh!

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I'm just waiting for the Speshul Solja's FB page to start
Here you go:

Welcome to Facebook

Lisa Donnelly: Rip bro can't believe ur gone,you will never be forgotten A true soldier u was !!take care up there an well meet again one day always fink of you jp xx
Pilch Fitzpatrick: R.I.P BRO TRU SOLJA GONE BT WILL NEVA B FORGOTEN NUFF LUV NOW N ALWAYS SLEEP TITE BRUVA XX
You couldn't make it up.

there was a bit on the telly about the pointlessness of chasing sports bikes in cop cars even with the most powerful pursuit car unless theres a total nut with no fear for himself or any other road user you've got no hope of catching them unless they slow down

No helmet!

Pursuing cars is similar, our Police call them off, then the neighbouring Force ram them off the road.
Excellent!!!

as for Matey Boy, Oh Dear, how sad.....

I was a bit surprised that the following quote was used in the report:

In a statement, his family said: "Bobby was a loving and loyal son who would do anything for his family. He will continually shine in our hearts forever."
A pity he didn't 'shine' as a role model or he would still be around today and I wonder if one of the things "he would do anything for his family" included stealing bikes for them?

I was a bit surprised that the following quote was used in the report:

A pity he didn't 'shine' as a role model or he would still be around today and I wonder if one of the things "he would do anything for his family" included stealing bikes for them?
Obviously was ... otherwise they wouldn't have 'luvd' him so much would they? No use having someone around who can't provide the necessities is there?

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
So where is the usual barrage of abuse from the Chav hunters? I can see someone has already got things off to a nice start.

Chav Baiter: I feel sorry for the poor fucker who now has to get a new bike because of this thieving little shit.

Good riddance.

My heart is bleeding purple piss for him

Erm...... I may have.....a ....er......friend.....who has something to do with it.
Well umm err good on you and your ummm err "mate"