Warminster Info Required

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by helpmeout, Jul 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just received a posting to HQ DInf. As I am not Inf myself can someone give me some feedback on the SFA side of life. I am a WO1 with 2 kids, not that that makes any difference with the pathetic HIC system. Street names etc would be great.
  2. The street names are Houldsworth ave, Goodwin Close, Pepper Place and there is another but i cant remember what its called. they are not a bad standard. I have had a flat in Pepper place and a 2 bed in and they were of a good standard.
  3. Warminster Garrison is on the northern side of the town (if you can call it a town), under the shadow of Battlesbury Hill. Only passed through the town once, blinked and nearly missed it. No decent shops to be seen, only one real road (A36) and lots of weird people shuffling about. For shopping get in a car and drive to Salisbury (30 minutes) or Bath (20 minutes). Main roads are East Street, Market Place and George Street.
  4. Steer clear,,,,,,,and I mean steer clear,,,,,,it is full of germs and will turn you green like me,,,,,and you will grow tits with little Xs on them,,,,be afraid,,,,very afraid..........
  5. That helps alot......Not. If you have nothing to say then say nothing!!
  6. EMSAV, Not much info there, when i asked for street names i meant for SFA's not many SFA's in the market place me thinks?
  7. Thanks for the info. Will visit Warminster to have a look. Can't be worse than Larkhill so hopefully enjoy the change.
  8. Read the page header you dork.You have posted a serious question in the NAAFI and are expecting serious replies,get a grip and stop whining.
  9. You did post in the NAAFI bar you nugget.

Christ! Fucking upperty wedge. When did you have your humour bypass?

There's a hive for info. There's the person you're taking over from or, the department you're in. RSM, PMC etc etc.
  10. What makes you think he is a wedge? Surely more likely a dropshort?
  11. Now Warminster is not a Metropolis, and you say, you are in Larkhill if my memory serves me correctly it is about 1/2 an hour up the A303 - why not organize an exped with fam to check it out yourself.

As we are in the Naafi - lazy Twunt!!!!
  12. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Check the sig-block.

Since this is the Naafi, balls, twunt etc...
  13. Its a bird!
    Its a plane!
    No... Its a flying fucking handbag!
  14. Thank Fuc for you and the following posts, I thought the NAAFI had changed overnight to a sensible information Bureau.
    Do you think it really is a WO1, aren't they supposed to have a smidgen of inteligence to get to those giddy heights?