Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wareham (Dorset) - Any advice please?

Sexton Blake

War Hero
Me and Mrs SB will be partaking in a rowing event near Poole later this summer and are looking for somewhere to stay (pub, with our dogs possibly) which is NOT in Poole or Bournemouth.

Anyone know if Wareham is a decent place for us to base ourselves for 3-4 days? Or anywhere else within 45 mins drive to Poole that has a decent pub or 2 and not banged with tourists?

Thanks in advance for any advice received. SB.

Dr Death

War Hero
Premier Inn - As Sir Lenny says Everything is premier but the price!

That whole area is rich with olde worlde English hotels and pubs with rooms, very picture esque area. Spoiled for choice.

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
Wareham is very pleasant, as is the rest of the Isle of Purbeck including Swanage. A very civilised area with plenty of things to keep you busy.

Me and Mrs SB will be partaking in a rowing event near Poole later this summer and are looking for somewhere to stay (pub, with our dogs possibly) which is NOT in Poole or Bournemouth.

Anyone know if Wareham is a decent place for us to base ourselves for 3-4 days? Or anywhere else within 45 mins drive to Poole that has a decent pub or 2 and not banged with tourists?

Thanks in advance for any advice received. SB.

Visit Dorset have a booking site which will search the Wareham area... you could also consider Swanage and Wool

Poppy

LE
@medwaymud Swanage is lovely but traffic in that whole area very heavy in the tourist season. I've camped near Wareham (in Langton Matravers) it's a lovely town

kimmi851

War Hero
Wareham itself is not bad, but it is very busy, the way forward I have found is farm B&Bs in the area - I have had some incredible holidays there. I think the last one I stayed in was in the Harmans Cross area - which is quiet but on the steam train line - so we drank in Swanage and got the train back so we could both drink.

I am not sure how long until they fix the chain link ferry but that might increase the journey time to Poole, which is something to be aware of.

I am not sure how long until they fix the chain link ferry but that might increase the journey time to Poole, which is something to be aware of.
Back in service 16th June, running normally, well with CV19 buggering about malarky.

Sexton Blake

War Hero
Wareham itself is not bad, but it is very busy, the way forward I have found is farm B&Bs in the area - I have had some incredible holidays there. I think the last one I stayed in was in the Harmans Cross area - which is quiet but on the steam train line - so we drank in Swanage and got the train back so we could both drink.

Thank you kindly. And all others.

Rgds

SB

Book a room in the relevant Mess in Blandford, Bovi or Hamworthy :)

Seriously, there are dozens of choices in Dorset, the whole area is a tourist destination. Well, apart from Blandford and Bovi :)

Poppy

LE
And the Kings Arms opens next week !

Fancy a beer ?

not sure when I'll get down there going near Camber Sands/Bodium next weekend and Arundel week after I'll sort a plan soon :)
hope you and yours are well

Latest Threads