Warcop Grenade Ban

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Chris_2oo6, Apr 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. does anyone know the reason why they've banned throwing L109s at warcop ???

the only chance i got to throw them was on the grenade range, all the attacks even our platoon attack we had to use L111's :?

apparently it only came into play last week, which was when i was there
  2. It may be a weather thing - if its too warm and dry, there is a danger of causing grass fires.

Where all blanks and pyro banned or just grenades. All blank and pyro are banned during dry spells.

Health and Safety, risk assessments etc etc etc
  3. Not just banned at Warcop. Would you believe that after all this time someone has just checked the records and.....oops! It was never signed off as safe to use.

So now it's been banned for training use, a few exceptions, such as prior to ops....but failing that...everyone else, thrown stones and shout bang....convincingly!
  4. I shoot as a civvy on MOD ranges and there has been a spate of this sort of thing. I am given to understand that the hard targets at Sennybridge (Scrap Ferrets) can no longer be shot at because of "the danger of ricochets". What the hell the range warden thinks they were put there for remains a mystery.
    No problems in all the years the hard targets have been on the range but suddenly some "risk averse" numpty takes over the job and everything grinds to a halt.

FFS, I could write a safety procedure for a grenade range in an afternoon - it's not as though you need some special facility.