War Stories

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Parky, Aug 9, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We've all done it - that 14 year old Iraqi who waved an air rifle at you outside basra becomes a company of the Republican Guard when you're retelling the story down the pub, and when its with civvies we tend to embellish even more - just wondering why we do it? Surely what we've actually done is an impressive enough achievement? Anyone got any amusing exaggerations they want to share? Anyone been busted bullsh**ing royally?

2. Andy mcNab :D

3. Totally non-military-related, but I made half my school believe I was John Williams' nephew (he of countless movie soundtracks) a few years back :D

4. That should have been your first clue that you shouldnt have even bothered hitting submit :roll:

5. But I... um....

*wanders off looking bemused and puzzled*

6. I know of an Officer who was nicknamed "Roomclear" after being overheard yarning to a chick about his exploits clearing Kuwait City (Op Granby).

His story goes along the line of doing room to room clearances and taking numerous injuries and scoring even more kills as the fight went on. Pure, 100%, gold-plated bollox and not being told in a manner just to get inside her underwear. The story was topped off by his heroic saving of his radio-op.

Laugh - I nearly did.