From http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-12812818,00.html A former Sky News correspondent, who resigned after using misleading film footage in a report on the Iraq war, has been found dead at his home. James Forlong, who had worked for the satellite news channel for 10 years, was discovered just after 2.30am on Saturday. James was found by his wife Elaine at their house in Hove, West Sussex. Mrs Forlong said she and their 15-year-old son Christopher - who has Down's Syndrome - and 12-year-old daughter Katie were in a state of shock. In a statement she said: "The family are devastated by his death which we are still trying to come to terms with. "James was a devoted, loving father and husband and we shall all miss him desperately." The experienced reporter quit in July after the BBC documentary series, Fighting The War, claimed he faked a report about the firing of a submarine missile into Baghdad. His wife said he had taken the news very badly. "James had been shattered by the recent blow to his career as a journalist," she said. "He deeply felt the loss of his job as a television correspondent. "James was an award-winning journalist who had spent the last 10 years travelling to some of the world's worst trouble spots including Rwanda, Bosnia, Indonesia and Afghanistan and cared passionately about his work." In a direct plea to the media, Mrs Forlong said: "As you will appreciate, it is an extremely difficult time and we would ask you to respect our privacy." She added that the family would not make any further comment. A Sussex Police spokesman said a post-mortem would be carried out tomorrow. Nick Pollard, head of Sky News, said: "This is a terrible personal tragedy and a shocking blow for James's family. "Everyone here sends their deepest sympathies to James's wife and children." When he left Sky, James admitted: "It was a lapse of judgement, which, for me, is a source of deep regret. "There was never any conscious intent to deceive the viewers."