War pensions

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by edd71, May 2, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have applied for a war pension for a groin injury I got doing SCBC .What way are war pensions payed out .Lump sume or monthly payment?

2. war pensions are payed out either by lump sum or monthly it all depend on the amoount of disablity you have it is less than 10 percent is a lump sum and more is monthly.

3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

4. As far as the expression 'lump sum' goes, don't get your hopes up. You'll still need to go to work on a daily basis and it won't quite be enough for that holiday in the sun.

When did you 'recieve' your injury and what are the long term effects are questions that will need answering before any decision is made.

5. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

I found them very good. I didn't even apply, but was contacted due to having amedical discharge. Had one lump sum initially on my first doctors check up and then a second one once all the data had been investigated. Also get a note ofr free prescriptions if I need stuff for my hip and if the hip gets worse they will re-assess if I ask them to.....waiting for early onset arthritus to kick in I think..;)

But were very good and quick enough for me.

J_T_4T

6. Likewise, they sorted mine out very efficiently. The problem for our man may be that he may have to claim for his injury under the new rules. Pension/payment is dependant upon the level of disability assessed on his injuries. He'll not get the answers here though. He needs to wait until the board makes its assessment. If I were him, I wouldn't get my hopes up. That way, if he is awarded anything substantial it'll be a pleasant surprise.

7. Just had my arthritic hip replaced and am concerned that my 50% War Pension will now be reduced...! I have another arthritic hip which is due surgery in a few years. Have you had difficulty in getting what you think you deserve? I believe that I am worth at least 60% what with a prosthetic joint.