War Pensions Scheme offer

B24

Swinger
The War Pensions Scheme has kindly, after 18 months of radio silence, offered me a lump sum gratuity (6-14%) for my C-PTSD.

While any money is better than a kick in the teeth my gut feeling is that a one-off paymnet isn't going to last long and I'm wondering why a gratuity has been offered rather than a pension - other than it being an initial attempt to f.me off at the high port in the hope that I'll go away.

I know that I'll need legal representation to take it any further. The late unpleasantness in the desert sand means that I'm not a fan of lawyers and I'm wondering how to find one that will screw the MoD rather than me - any thoughts?

Does anyone who's been through this (or supported someone else doing it) have any other useful advice?

D

Deleted 139028

The War Pensions Scheme has kindly, after 18 months of radio silence, offered me a lump sum gratuity (6-14%) for my C-PTSD.

While any money is better than a kick in the teeth my gut feeling is that a one-off paymnet isn't going to last long and I'm wondering why a gratuity has been offered rather than a pension - other than it being an initial attempt to f.me off at the high port in the hope that I'll go away.

I know that I'll need legal representation to take it any further. The late unpleasantness in the desert sand means that I'm not a fan of lawyers and I'm wondering how to find one that will screw the MoD rather than me - any thoughts?

Does anyone who's been through this (or supported someone else doing it) have any other useful advice?
Worth your while talking to RBL before you open your wallet to any lawyer.