Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

War pensions appeal and request review..which order?

KeithR

Swinger
Hi, would really appreciate some advice. I was granted a 20% disablement for stage 3 malignant melanoma. I did not feel this reflected the life threatening nature of disease with high change of recurrences and the surgeries so far. So I appealed. Since my initial medical i had to have a groin lymphadenectomy and have lymphadema as a result. What do i do now?
specifically - should i appeal the original decision and then also out in a request for a review?
Whe you appealed did you write a letter outlining all your reaosns why you didnt agree with the decision or did you wait to see the outcome?
Confused with the process and cant find any specific info on line that answers these questions.
Cheers all.

Quite simple really, submit a request for a review of the award stating the latest surgery and complications.

The award of 20% sounds about right, further surgery and complications don't occurr in everyone. I was originally on 30% but, after a couple of reviews am now on 50%.

Have you had any progress?

I have just submitted a War Pension Review application and if my pension isn’t increased as a result I will immediately appeal. The review process allows them to consider new information and to adjust your pension accordingly; the appeal process allows you (and your representative) to explain why Veterans UK have incorrectly applied the law to your case.

If they reject your review claim then ask on here for related appeal cases that support your argument (I don’t know anything about melanomas so can’t advise on this).

Let us know how it goes!