• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

War Pensioners Buy out.

Rumour has it that the powers that be are about to alter the goal posts regarding War pensioners who receive a War disablement pension under the old system (pre 2005 claimants)

Any war pensioner who receives a 50% or below basic war pension will be given a lump sum instead of their weekly pension .... and that's their lot!

Is there anyone in the know who can confirm this to be true ?

Any one with 11plus maths would see that is bollux, in fact the whole reason they would not give out one off payments for more than single figure % was the amount they e would have to pay out in the one off payment, mind you I wouldn't mind a one off myself but as it would be over half a million at my current pension rate, if I live another twenty years plus

B

Biscuits_AB

Any one with 11plus maths would see that is bollux, in fact the whole reason they would not give out one off payments for more than single figure % was the amount they e would have to pay out in the one off payment, mind you I wouldn't mind a one off myself but as it would be over half a million at my current pension rate, if I live another twenty years plus
Did you invent war pensions?

B

Biscuits_AB

Rumour has it that the powers that be are about to alter the goal posts regarding War pensioners who receive a War disablement pension under the old system (pre 2005 claimants)

Any war pensioner who receives a 50% or below basic war pension will be given a lump sum instead of their weekly pension .... and that's their lot!

Is there anyone in the know who can confirm this to be true ?
Nah. Stick to rumours mate. They cause so much more upset than facts.

I was led to believe a full war pension for injury during service if above 20 points was around £1100 tax free a year so if so dont know where you get 500K from if they paid you in a lump sum.....obviously I must of been informed wrong.

I was led to believe a full war pension for injury during service if above 20 points was around £1100 tax free a year so if so dont know where you get 500K from if they paid you in a lump sum.....obviously I must of been informed wrong.
Tropper is a special case, as not only did he lose his limbs, but also his marbles and ability to refrain from spouting bullshit.

No your right but they would also have to include things like unemployability supplement ect which would soon bang it up, and I believe £2500 is the minimum one off payment at the present but you can reapply after three years if your condition worsens

An example a 40% PTSD sufferer with 100% employability get about £130 a week multiply by his life expectancy and it suddenly becomes a pretty impressive figure, but they would have to factor in all sorts of other things before any one would except it and it would be a legal mine field

No your right but they would also have to include things like unemployability supplement ect which would soon bang it up, and I believe £2500 is the minimum one off payment at the present but you can reapply after three years if your condition worsens
I was told £2000 for 1-5 points, £8000 for 8 points etc lump sum or max £1100 tax free a year if over 20 points but thats not confirmed

I tried a couple of years ago and they said no chance!! i worked out if i lived til i was 80 i would have got about 700k i said i would settle for half that to pay me off lol!
The reply i got was they couldnt work out the inflation etc etc, plus if i got squished by a bus tomorrow they wouldnt have to pay me anymore!!

charming eh!?

I tried a couple of years ago and they said no chance!! i worked out if i lived til i was 80 i would have got about 700k i said i would settle for half that to pay me off lol!
The reply i got was they couldnt work out the inflation etc etc, plus if i got squished by a bus tomorrow they wouldnt have to pay me anymore!!

charming eh!?
Try again only this time take an RBL case worker with you, if they knock you back demand a tribunal

charming eh!?
I said on a pension thread Id rather commute my pension and have the money in the bank rather than the government getting their hands on it if I croak it in the next 12 years.

The only way to deal with the cnuts at the VA is to go in guns blazing, with support, because I have never come across a bigger bunch of jobsworth ******* as the team in the Cardiff office, almost every application I've have helped with was refused first time around but they all got more than they asked for once the tribunal was mentioned,

The only way to deal with the cnuts at the VA is to go in guns blazing, with support, because I have never come across a bigger bunch of jobsworth ******* as the team in the Cardiff office, almost every application I've have helped with was refused first time around but they all got more than they asked for once the tribunal was mentioned,
Did you mention you set up the Welfare state wrote the paper on pensions.

guys, if you're still around, can ask for some help
What sort of help?

I'm no expert on these issues, but as you can see from the posts above, there are a few people who know their stuff with these matters. And if they can't give you an informed answer they can at least point you in the direction of someone who can, but will need to know your problem first.

B

Biscuits_AB

Yeah, but walking unaided into their office and telling them that you lost your legs in 'nam probably wasn't your best idea.

Latest Threads