War pension

I'm due out soon and as I've had to have a knee replacement I was wondering am I entitled to one as I walk like a spacka and if so how do I go about claiming one?
Many thanks for your answers

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

It depends on when the injury was sustained. Prior to a certain date (which I cannot recal - I'd need to be at work), a War Pension is paid. After that date, it will be a payment from AFCS. Your pre release medical should pick it up as long as it is documented. Speak to SPVA. Hope you get a fuller answer as there are one or two pay gurus lurking.

I'm due out soon and as I've had to have a knee replacement I was wondering am I entitled to one as I walk like a spacka and if so how do I go about claiming one?
Many thanks for your answers

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
You're just doing this to wind me up aren't you?

War Disablement Pensions

You can claim a War Disablement Pension if you are no longer Serving in HM Armed Forces and you have a disablement (i.e. an injury, illness or disease) that you consider was caused or made worse by service before 6 April 2005. If you think your disablement was caused by service on or after 6 April 2005, you should claim under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme . Claims can be made for both physical or mental conditions.

There are no time limits for claiming under the War Pension Scheme but claims can only be considered once your service has ended and payment will usually be made from the date of claim
I've thrown your diet coke out.

i think i'll get my beloved to claim for his knees/back/hearing :)

How long does it take for the money to come through?

You're as bad as him:

You can claim a War Disablement Pension if you are no longer Serving in HM Armed Forces and you have a disablement (i.e. an injury, illness or disease) that you consider was caused or made worse by service before 6 April 2005. If you think your disablement was caused by service on or after 6 April 2005, you should claim under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme . Claims can be made for both physical or mental conditions.

There are no time limits for claiming under the War Pension Scheme but claims can only be considered once your service has ended and payment will usually be made from the date of claim

Might lob one in for this ******* tinitus - it's getting louder and louder by the day!

E

EScotia

Unless you are really deaf and can prove it was due to service you'll get sod all. War Pensions are crap and almost as difficult to get a reasonable recompense for injury from as the welfare system is. Even AFCS is better than War Pensions.

E

EScotia

Might lob one in for this ******* tinnitus - it's getting louder and louder by the day!
Tinnitus is classed as "part & parcel" of Noise Induced Sensorineural Hearing Loss (NISHL) so if you do not have a high loss of hearing (within specified parameters) you will get the sum of sweet **** all.

He has Gunner-ear so proper deafo. He is also very old :)

SPVA Leaflet-11 has got more details in as well. I can't find the link at the moment.

Good girl, you do all the clerk type stuff and I'll action the claims.
Boom, boom, boom xxx

Unless you are really deaf and can prove it was due to service you'll get sod all. War Pensions are crap and almost as difficult to get a reasonable recompense for injury from as the welfare system is. Even AFCS is better than War Pensions.
I left in 85 and was fit and well for 2 years being taken ill took to local hospital who spotted that the problem was old and should have been spotted by my docs there was a few problems some of which I had mention to raf docs but was told it was nothing applied on my own and turned down Legion and rafa came along sorted out appeal proved it was there fault get 60% unemploy supp a few other allowances and service pension was also put into pay also dla too. I think for whats wrong the amount given was about right ........ no lottery win but pays the bills

What about my knackered knees and ankles from all the times they made me run in DMS boots?
What about my knackered liver after being forced to drink copious amounts of Keo, Herfys, Belikin, Tiger, Guinness, Schnapps, Ouzo and Rum?
What about my cough and wheeze due to all them smoke breaks they made me take whilst plying me with duty free fags?
What about my stress after all them nasty, shouty people had a go at me (I still can't go within 50 miles of Catterick without coming out in a cold sweat)?
What about that lot then, ay? Where do you go to get one of the compo claim forms? (And speaking about compo, what about my knackered taste buds after all them cold sausages in lard?)

What about my knackered knees and ankles from all the times they made me run in DMS boots?
What about my knackered liver after being forced to drink copious amounts of Keo, Herfys, Belikin, Tiger, Guinness, Schnapps, Ouzo and Rum?
What about my cough and wheeze due to all them smoke breaks they made me take whilst plying me with duty free fags?
What about my stress after all them nasty, shouty people had a go at me (I still can't go within 50 miles of Catterick without coming out in a cold sweat)?
What about that lot then, ay? Where do you go to get one of the compo claim forms? (And speaking about compo, what about my knackered taste buds after all them cold sausages in lard?)
War Disablement Pensions - How can I make a claim ?

on this page