War pension

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Pension Scheme' started by HEART_STOPPER, Jan 22, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm due out soon and as I've had to have a knee replacement I was wondering am I entitled to one as I walk like a spacka and if so how do I go about claiming one?
    Many thanks for your answers

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

2. It depends on when the injury was sustained. Prior to a certain date (which I cannot recal - I'd need to be at work), a War Pension is paid. After that date, it will be a payment from AFCS. Your pre release medical should pick it up as long as it is documented. Speak to SPVA. Hope you get a fuller answer as there are one or two pay gurus lurking.

3. You're just doing this to wind me up aren't you?

War Disablement Pensions

I've thrown your diet coke out.

4. Worked then!

5. I'm not a pay guru, I just know how to use Google.

6. Autogoogle's just handier

7. i think i'll get my beloved to claim for his knees/back/hearing :)

How long does it take for the money to come through?

8. You're as bad as him:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Might lob one in for this ******* tinitus - it's getting louder and louder by the day!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Unless you are really deaf and can prove it was due to service you'll get sod all. War Pensions are crap and almost as difficult to get a reasonable recompense for injury from as the welfare system is. Even AFCS is better than War Pensions.

11. Tinnitus is classed as "part & parcel" of Noise Induced Sensorineural Hearing Loss (NISHL) so if you do not have a high loss of hearing (within specified parameters) you will get the sum of sweet **** all.

• Like Like x 1
  12. He has Gunner-ear so proper deafo. He is also very old :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. SPVA Leaflet-11 has got more details in as well. I can't find the link at the moment.

14. Good girl, you do all the clerk type stuff and I'll action the claims.
    Boom, boom, boom xxx