War Pension Tribunal Via Video

GreatDane

Clanker
I currently receive a war pension of 80% after being medically discharged with Complex PTSD, I also suffer with varying physical injuries. I am in the process of attempting to be awarded Constant Attendance Allowance which was refused by veterans uk some time ago. I was informed yesterday that the tribunal will be held by video.

Can anyone who has gone through this process via video provide any advice.

War Hero
It is exactly the same as appearing in person. There is no difference in procedure. It just means that lots of people do not have to be in the same room.

If there is any difficulty then it can be adjourned and a visual oral hearing held.

Mosquito

Clanker
Before my hearings, I wrote a short statement (max 1-2 minutes) about the stress of such hearings on my mental and physical condition. I explained that I may have to leave the hearing at short notice for short breaks and that this would be the best way to help me continue with the hearing.

The tribunal judges were very considerate, and I think it helped prepare them for me dashing out of the room a couple of times during the hearings.

It also helped me settle some of the stress built up before the hearing and gave me a little more control over the event.

(Btw, I found it much easier to dash out of a phone tribunal than an in-person one).

My tribunal was by telephone on 27th May 21..2 and a half hours of hell. I asked for a recess half way..it was very tough and the questioning was extreme. I said well if DWP think im dasabled enough to get PIP why did u asses me at 19% in dec 2018..to fob me off?..i thought it was out of line ..in hindsight..but it worked...from 19% and lump sum to 40% ..payable from 18th August 2021..i also start part time work end of august..so releived knowing thats it..just WPMS and ALSO to apply for now..are they bad to get?.PIP assessors are awful...having been through initial one and a review..PIP now extended to 2025 (standard on both parts)..

GreatDane

Clanker
My tribunal was by telephone on 27th May 21..2 and a half hours of hell. I asked for a recess half way..it was very tough and the questioning was extreme. I said well if DWP think im dasabled enough to get PIP why did u asses me at 19% in dec 2018..to fob me off?..i thought it was out of line ..in hindsight..but it worked...from 19% and lump sum to 40% ..payable from 18th August 2021..i also start part time work end of august..so releived knowing thats it..just WPMS and ALSO to apply for now..are they bad to get?.PIP assessors are awful...having been through initial one and a review..PIP now extended to 2025 (standard on both parts)..
Great job getting your increase , from my part I found ALSO a form filling job. If you were doing X job in Army they compare it to an able bodied/mind in civvy street doing a similar level of work.

with regards to WPms I didn’t claim it as my lower limbs are still in tact.

If you read the WPMS, as long as it has bearing on your war pension then you should apply, back, spinal issues..mine are degenerative which leads to chronic back pain when walking, winter months are painful.

War Hero
I was informed that they would not award it as it was for those lads that had lost their lower limbs.
Are you referring to ALSO?
If so, then your informant is not correct. Your ability can be restricted for many reasons, hands, feet, eyesight, brain damage etc

The allowance is for exactly what it says , a lowered standard of occupation. Much can depend on your occupational capacity before and after any injury.

No point complaining you can’t get employment as a concert pianist if you couldn’t play the piano beforehand!

GreatDane

Clanker
Are you referring to ALSO?
If so, then your informant is not correct. Your ability can be restricted for many reasons, hands, feet, eyesight, brain damage etc

The allowance is for exactly what it says , a lowered standard of occupation. Much can depend on your occupational capacity before and after any injury.

No point complaining you can’t get employment as a concert pianist if you couldn’t play the piano beforehand!

Mosquito

Clanker
I was informed that they would not award it as it was for those lads that had lost their lower limbs.
I'm paralysed from the knees down and get WPMS. As 1914 said, there are a wide range of conditions that can result in mobility problems (although I'm not sure about hand problems being one of them; would love to know if I'm wrong about that!).

War Hero
My comment about the concert pianist being unable to continue his profession was a skit about the well known Concert Party and their CSM:
Screenshot 2021-07-15 at 09.17.59.png

the pianist being:
Screenshot 2021-07-15 at 09.11.31.png

WPMS submitted, 7th July, letter received 13th July..,,see how it goes..cannnot apply fpr ALSO yet..need 2 months wage slips..start part time 31st August. Cannot contemplate full time due to degenerative issues.

Latest Threads