War pension/ preserved pension explanation help ...

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Pension Scheme' started by cplsm82, May 13, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi all agin still trying to get around all the pension carry on. without no avail ..

right here goes so hope someone can understand this .. ive been awarded a 20% war pension which i am currently appealing so will leave that alone for now.

but what i am wondering the other pension i have is a preserved pension which i got when i left but heres where im stuck ..

do i need to contact the pensions department because now i have been awarded a war pension does this preserved pension change because the army have now accepted it was there fault and how do ik go about doing this . because i have been given all different kinds of advice about this .. some people saying that i should now receive an immediate pension instead of a preserved pension ??

help please thanks
    • Like Like x 1
  2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

• Like Like x 1
  3. hi i understand what you are saying but i have forms that say my preserved pension should be automatically reviewed as soon as i got a war pension .. im no guru on this . this is why i need help cause i feel like i have been left with nothing
  4. it will be reviewd but as the other chap says your only 20% disabled the regs say to get the preserved pension you have to be so disabled your unable to work full time

i would contact the British Legion are you not claiming esa for now ?
  5. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

I go with ob on this however if you can be bothered to look on the veterans agency web site and use the free phone numbers you will get the correct sp on your problem but as others have said, as you are only on 20% your chances are slim.

On the + side, as you are in receipt of a WP you can get yourself a free Oyster card for travel in London.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  6. hi all again a little further information to add. just been on the phone to jpac in glasgow and they said i was medically discharged on afps 05 tier 1 but this is to be reviewed . because according to some people i should have an immediate pension .. im just going in circles with all this why do they make it so hard for everyone..
  7. elovabloke hi and thanks for your input i have been on the phone all day to all these different avenues but i get passed from one to another because no one seems to know the correct answer to what i am asking them.. thats why i am on the forum to try and find out a little more for myself ... i have nearly every contact number there is out there and eventually im starting to get a little closer to my answers myself but i still need to investigate further as i feel im being left in the lurch with this and not getting the help i need
  8. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

I think you are living on hope because of the 20% but if you are not getting the correct info, and I am not sure you will get it here I suggest you try the RBL. Just as an insight, I am on 30% and I was not given a full pension until it was officially due.
  9. thanks for the info mate im not flapping at all i just feel like i have been misinformed on the subjects mentioned i am on tier 1 afps05 so i have been told and also been told that i need to write to spva to try and get this ammended to tier 2. my case is complicated thats why its so hard to find out answers . thanks again all will update again tomorow