War pension motability

Scotsxxv

Swinger
I am looking for advice please?, I was awarded a pension of 50% and war pension motability scheme in 2016 at the time I received a letter to state the WPMS was awarded for my lifetime. However I have recieved an application in the post on 2nd August saying they are looki at my claim again for war pension mobility supplement ? Is this normal practice ? Should I be concerned ?

Scotsxxv

Swinger
I rang the British legion and my local branch has closed the nearest one now is in Birmingham they suggested contacting war pension direct as they have no local case workers to help.

I rang the British legion and my local branch has closed the nearest one now is in Birmingham they suggested contacting war pension direct as they have no local case workers to help.

Try Veterans' Gateway: 0808 802 1212. Home - Veterans' Gateway.
From TRBL (Legion) website: "If you need help, call the Contact Centre helpline on 0808 802 8080 from 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week (calls are free from UK landlines and main mobile networks) for all enquiries. From overseas: +44 (0)20 3376 8080 (full rate)".

Contact The Royal British Legion

You need to contact your County Head Office of the Royal British Legion and not the nearest Drinking Club and ask for the Case Officer, or look at the RBL web site for POP IN CENTRE.

If you have problems locating a Case Worker please PM me and I will try and locate one for you.

The Veteran Agency are also helpful as stated previously. Some of thier Welfare Officers visit local ex Forces Coffee morning and Breakfast Clubs.

Scotsxxv

Swinger
Fantastic will give it a go our local branch was fantastic point of contact and excellent case workers. Unfortunately they closed I tried the office closest to me which is Birmingham they said they couldn’t help ? will give them a ring in the morning again see if I get somewhere. If I don’t have any luck will message you.

ThAnks again

I am looking for advice please?, I was awarded a pension of 50% and war pension motability scheme in 2016 at the time I received a letter to state the WPMS was awarded for my lifetime. However I have recieved an application in the post on 2nd August saying they are looki at my claim again for war pension mobility supplement ? Is this normal practice ? Should I be concerned ?
I've not heard of this before, but that's not to say it hasn't happened.

Have you given veterans uk a call to ask why they have decided to re-look at your WPMS award? It may be a mistake and easily put right if it is.

Edited to add:

Are you 100% sure the letter stated "lifetime" and not indefinet period?

Also I have the paragraph below in all of mine (deterioration claims and claims passed to WP from AFCS) so you may have the same. If so just complete the form as you did previously adding any deterioration that may have happened over time.

1533825199133.png

Last edited:

If you live in Northamptonshire please pm me as I have the times, dates and places of RBL Drop In Sessions.

Scotsxxv

Swinger

Have you given veterans uk a call to ask why they have decided to re-look at your WPMS award? It may be a mistake and easily put right if it is.

Edited to add:

Also I have the paragraph below in all of mine (deterioration claims and claims passed to WP from AFCS) so you may have the same. If so just complete the form as you did previously adding any deterioration that may have happened over time.

View attachment 345515
Thank you for your reply, I have checked it says lifetime ? I gave them a ring and they have said it’s just a review to ensure I am still on the right rate ? just complete and return to them. I must say I am slightly suspicious .

Scotsxxv

Swinger

Edited to add:

View attachment 345515
Thank you for your reply, I have checked it says lifetime ? I gave them a ring and they have said it’s just a review to ensure I am still on the right rate ? just complete and return to them. I must say I am slightly suspicious .

Thank you I live in Coventry though.

Not sure if @dun_n_dusted has provided you with this contact-just found it amongst a RBL list of regional Advice Clinics:

For W Midlands

2nd Floor, Sun Alliance House
Little Park St
Coventry
CV1 2JZ
0333 011 4183 (a generic contact number serving W Midlands)

If you don't need them yet, keep it for when you do need to speak to someone.

Latest Threads