War Pension Info & Questions

Strange format this year. Maybe I’m confused but there seem to be pots of references to 1914-1918 and 1939-1945 rates but not current WDP rates.
All the normal WPS figures are there, what appears to be different this year is they've lumped it in with all the social security benefits.

I've checked mine (50%) and currently mine is £92.70 going up to £94.90 this year.

I noticed this:

Age Allowance payable from Age 65 where Pensioned Disablement is:

An addition once you reach state pension age?

As I have been getting a total amount for years now, I only know the total for my particular circumstances. It includes ALSO and mobility. Is this age allowance added automatically, or do they claw some back from elsewhere?
I come of age on 30 March. How topical is that?

I noticed this:

Age Allowance payable from Age 65 where Pensioned Disablement is:

An addition once you reach state pension age?

As I have been getting a total amount for years now, I only know the total for my particular circumstances. It includes ALSO and mobility. Is this age allowance added automatically, or do they claw some back from elsewhere?
I come of age on 30 March. How topical is that?
I’ve wondered about that previously, though never checked as I have a few years before it applies! However, I dug and it says here that it is added on at 65, 70 and 80 years old. No mention of clawing back from elsewhere and is paid automatically. Relevant bit:

‘Age allowance
You can have an age allowance if you are 65 or over and you get a war disablement pension of 40% or more.’

I’ve wondered about that previously, though never checked as I have a few years before it applies! However, I dug and it says here that it is added on at 65, 70 and 80 years old. No mention of clawing back from elsewhere and is paid automatically. Relevant bit:

‘Age allowance
You can have an age allowance if you are 65 or over and you get a war disablement pension of 40% or more.’
Thanks for that. I’m on 40%, so I will wait to see if my 4 weekly payment after 8 April contains a pleasant surprise or not. :)
I did wonder if it was only paid in addition to other allowances?

Thanks for that. I’m on 40%, so I will wait to see if my 4 weekly payment after 8 April contains a pleasant surprise or not. :)
I did wonder if it was only paid in addition to other allowances?
No worries and enjoy the extra. I’ve seen no reference to it being linked to allowances, other than the WDP itself.

I have just been informed that my ALSO is now under review. The letter went to my last address.
Looking at previous answers, this is routine, and in no way connected to my impending 65th birthday. (cough)

I have just been informed that my ALSO is now under review. The letter went to my last address.
Looking at previous answers, this is routine, and in no way connected to my impending 65th birthday. (cough)
I still have a couple of years until my 65th birthday but if I lost my ALSO I'd be on a loser to the tune of £57.52 taking into account the age allowance paid at 65. Bit of a saving for the government but well below the belt.

Saying that, touch wood, I've not had any non-requested War Pension reviews yet but if I got a sniff of one I'd be putting in deterioration claims for my listed injuries which, because I didn't want to kick the arse out of things, I have not submitted. For me 50% I consider a fair recompense but should they start effin me around that view could change, and rapidly.

I still have a couple of years until my 65th birthday but if I lost my ALSO I'd be on a loser to the tune of £57.52 taking into account the age allowance paid at 65. Bit of a saving for the government but well below the belt.

Saying that, touch wood, I've not had any non-requested War Pension reviews yet but if I got a sniff of one I'd be putting in deterioration claims for my listed injuries which, because I didn't want to kick the arse out of things, I have not submitted. For me 50% I consider a fair recompense but should they start effin me around that view could change, and rapidly.
Good advice. I’m only 40%, but feel much the same. Maybe that’s what they want us to do.
Happy for them to send a doc out to the tropics to reassess me. I have got worse, but like you, I’m happy with what I’ve got now.