War Pension Info & Questions

ALSO (Allowance for Lowered Standard of Occupation) can be claimed if you are unable to do work that is similar to your regular occupation so no, I doubt very much you will lose it. To get ALSO you need to be on at least 40% War Pension and be under 65, but you retain it after that age.

There's some more info on the application form (obviously no need to apply if you already have it):

https://assets.publishing.service.g...s/attachment_data/file/709831/WPS0003ALSO.pdf
Thank you so much for your reply, I do get a war pension and ALSO , I was getting a bit worried that I would loose ALSO as well when I got to 65.
I’ve already been told that I will loose state benefit , loosing ALSO as well on top would leave me out on the street.

Thank you so much for your reply, I do get a war pension and ALSO , I was getting a bit worried that I would loose ALSO as well when I got to 65.
I’ve already been told that I will loose state benefit , loosing ALSO as well on top would leave me out on the street.
I obviously don't know your circumstances but if you paid the full NI Cont towards your state pension surely that's untouchable?

I obviously don't know your circumstances but if you paid the full NI Cont towards your state pension surely that's untouchable?
I don't believe he was on about his State Pension, rather referring to Benefits.

@BenGun you should already know but in case you don't, from age 65 as you're on at least 40% War Pension (because you get ALSO) then you get an additional Age Allowance. This years amount for 40% - 50% is £12.40 per week, equates to £644.80 per year.

I knew nothing about age allowance, without pushing my luck , how do I go about trying to get it.
Correct I’m not on about state pension , I’ve been notified I will get that in full starting 27 Nov.
I was getting ESA for 5 months after being laid off , that’s stops next week.

I knew nothing about age allowance, without pushing my luck , how do I go about trying to get it.
Correct I’m not on about state pension , I’ve been notified I will get that in full starting 27 Nov.
I was getting ESA for 5 months after being laid off , that’s stops next week.
Age allowance should be automatic but you can check by ringing veterans uk on 0808 1914 2 18

or email on Veterans-uk@mod.gov.uk