War Pension Info & Questions

I have just turned 65, so have the answer. My AFPS75 was reduced but only by a matter of pence. My War Pension notice arrived today and tells me it is updated for inflation, no other change. You should be similar but detail will differ according to NICs and size of pension payments

I have just turned 65, so have the answer. My AFPS75 was reduced but only by a matter of pence. My War Pension notice arrived today and tells me it is updated for inflation, no other change. You should be similar but detail will differ according to NICs and size of pension payments
Thank you for that. I actually have to wait until 65 and 9 months before I am eligible for the state pension. My service pension is for 22 years service ending with the last 2 years at band 7 WO1.
It seems the two pensions, service and war pension, are treated differently on reaching state pension age. I just turned 64.
Do you receive any supplements to your WP?

No supplements. I don’t know but they might feature in the calculation. You can request an estimate from I think 6 month’s beforehand. That would at least mean no surprises when you reach the date

In late 1999 I was medically discharged with PTSD after serving 20 years and awarded a War Pension of 40% disability.

My physical injuries were included with this amount but as time passed and many operations later on my lower limbs which were to repair the damage caused in service, the most recent being last year.

My mental health has deteriorated significantly as a result of multi level exposure and I am now diagnosed with what they call CPTSD which apparently is complex ptsd.

I am now assessed as 80% by the Spva and struggle to think most days with the amount of tablets I take for one thing or another.

My questions may seem stupid but would appreciate your patience on this!

I am now aged 58 is there anything I need to do to ensure I am receiving the correct pension?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Quick question....I'm in receipt of WDP and live in Germany. Can I get monies towards my meds, as they are free in the UK? Also, is it possible for me to receive the allowance for Lowered Standard of Occupation?

No longer have any idea what my percentage is, but also need to have it reassessed, due to deterioration.

So quick question, seems common sense in my head but you never know.
I recently (nearly 2 years ago) got a decision on my AFCS/WP claim for numerous injuries whilst serving, I was awarded 14% so received the 6K lump sum. The caveat attached to the awarding letter stated due to the nature of my injuries they could improve or get worse therefore they will leave it open for re- assessment.
Now one of my conditions is getting worse so im applying for re assessment,
The question is the will the lump sum be taken into account for either any further lump sums (if I get increased to the 15-19% bracket) ie will the lump sum awarded be minus the previous payout
and if above 20% will the lump sum have to be paid back with the WP payments in full before I actually see any WP payments into my bank account.

I’m on the War Pension scheme AFP’s h75 this query has my own mind ticking I was disabled out at 40% received the lump sum etc but now after many years I’m at 80 percent. Does this mean that I should reapply for the correct lump sum. Now that I’ve typed it I’m more confused.

Not a question but a (admittedly, slightly biased) observation: WP/AFCS Appeal Tribunals would seem to be hardening their Appeal judgements.

2 days ago my appeal for deteriorating condition was rejected. Currently, I'm assessed at 30% disability and was reasonably confident that that would be increased to 40%-such was not the case.

Having jumped through the Appeal hopes for just under the calendar year, gathered reports and independent assessments and being well supported and advised by RBL, come the day we didn't cross the finish line.

In a wash-up chat with the RBL representative, he made the comment that after nearly two days of Appeal hearings, none of the appellants had succeeded with their appeals. None.

For those working their way through this process, I urge you to get your ducks neatly lined up: where I 'failed' (I believe) was through the extended timeline from launching the appeal through to the hearing, over a year.

Rightly, the Tribunal, will only consider the condition from the date that you submit the appeal - for me, my condition had deteriorated markedly by the time I appeared in front of the Tribunal.

Good luck to those currently in the Appeal system!

Help! I'm coming up for 60, so I've got to take my pension. I've no intention of retiring, so I'd rather transfer my Army pension into private scheme. This avoids having it bundled into my tax allowance, and therefore avoids increasing my tax liability. Any suggestions for which provider is less of a shark than the rest? Yeah, I know....."shares go down as wells as up"

Help! I'm coming up for 60, so I've got to take my pension. I've no intention of retiring, so I'd rather transfer my Army pension into private scheme. This avoids having it bundled into my tax allowance, and therefore avoids increasing my tax liability. Any suggestions for which provider is less of a shark than the rest? Yeah, I know....."shares go down as wells as up"
My advice - don’t.