War Pension Info & Questions

I have just turned 65, so have the answer. My AFPS75 was reduced but only by a matter of pence. My War Pension notice arrived today and tells me it is updated for inflation, no other change. You should be similar but detail will differ according to NICs and size of pension payments

I have just turned 65, so have the answer. My AFPS75 was reduced but only by a matter of pence. My War Pension notice arrived today and tells me it is updated for inflation, no other change. You should be similar but detail will differ according to NICs and size of pension payments
Thank you for that. I actually have to wait until 65 and 9 months before I am eligible for the state pension. My service pension is for 22 years service ending with the last 2 years at band 7 WO1.
It seems the two pensions, service and war pension, are treated differently on reaching state pension age. I just turned 64.
Do you receive any supplements to your WP?

No supplements. I don’t know but they might feature in the calculation. You can request an estimate from I think 6 month’s beforehand. That would at least mean no surprises when you reach the date

In late 1999 I was medically discharged with PTSD after serving 20 years and awarded a War Pension of 40% disability.

My physical injuries were included with this amount but as time passed and many operations later on my lower limbs which were to repair the damage caused in service, the most recent being last year.

My mental health has deteriorated significantly as a result of multi level exposure and I am now diagnosed with what they call CPTSD which apparently is complex ptsd.

I am now assessed as 80% by the Spva and struggle to think most days with the amount of tablets I take for one thing or another.

My questions may seem stupid but would appreciate your patience on this!

I am now aged 58 is there anything I need to do to ensure I am receiving the correct pension?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Quick question....I'm in receipt of WDP and live in Germany. Can I get monies towards my meds, as they are free in the UK? Also, is it possible for me to receive the allowance for Lowered Standard of Occupation?

No longer have any idea what my percentage is, but also need to have it reassessed, due to deterioration.