Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Thunderpants, Aug 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Would anyone be able to help me with the following problems:

    Problem 1. The whole of my spine has severe degenration and I take a whole host of opiates to keep me from topping myself which I have attempted on several occasions

    I have blamed the MOD for this and my request fro a further condition claim was turned down and now is in the appeal stages. There are numerous well documented events showing injuries to my back together with other incidents.

    I am attempting to gather as much information together as possible to help me at the tribunal, if you can offer any information it would be appreciated.

    Problem 2: I was discharged with PTSD and now receive a War Pension of 60% previously 50%, despite my best attempts to clarify what other benefits that I may be entitled to without damaging any other benefits the SPVA do not respond to my e mails.

    Please Help If You Can :oops:
  2. Take a look in the Welfare Forum there's a massive thread running on War Pensions , which might be able to help.
  3. Contact the Royal British Legion on:

    Telephone +44 (0)20 3207 2164 / 2168 / 2169
    Fax +44 (0)20 3207 2218

    Pensions & Benefits Department
    The Royal British Legion
    Haig House, 199 Borough High Street
    London SE1 1AA

    or E Mail them at this address

  4. Thank you for your advice but the legion are helping me on my appeal at the moment and i dont want to take up anymore of their valuable time, especially with the number of our boys coming back with far worse injuries than myself.
  5. Thunderpants, The Legion won't mind, they are there to help and just because some soldiers are indeed worse off than you, doesn't mean to say your own suffering is any less valid.