War pension gratuity

Hi All,
I've received a war pension gratuity payment, but Veterans UK will not tell me how long it is for they just say its "open ended". Does anyone know if I will get another payment and how often these payments are if my symptoms stay the same?

Hi All,
I've received a war pension gratuity payment, but Veterans UK will not tell me how long it is for they just say its "open ended". Does anyone know if I will get another payment and how often these payments are if my symptoms stay the same?
Your Gratuity is a one off payment, you will not get another payment* with your current disablement rate.

*What Veterans UK mean by it being open ended is that if your condition worsens you can ask for a review, which may result in a higher gratuity (if the disablement is less than 20%) or an ongoing Pension (if the disablement is 20% or higher) if the review of your injuries is successful.

The War Pension Scheme (WPS) compensates for any injury, illness or death which was caused by service before 6 April 2005.

There are 2 main types of WPS awards. Which one you get depends on the level of your disablement:
  • a gratuity is a lump sum payment for disablement less than 20%
  • a pension is an ongoing payment paid weekly or monthly for disablement more than 20%.

Latest Threads