War Pension Change

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Pension Scheme' started by RSupwood, May 26, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have had a fairly brief look at the system that replaces the old War Pension scheme that I am on.
    On the old scheme if you are unable to work because of your war pensionable injury then you are entitled to an unemployability supplement. The amount paid is slightly above the rate of incapacity benefit and is unaffected by any retirement pension received.
    From looking at the new system there will be no unemployabilty supplement, a claim for incapacity benefit will have to be made instead. As InCap is means tested any pension received will be deducted from the InCap. Is this correct or have I misread the detail? Another means of reducing the outlay?
  2. ive been in contact with a lawyer about esa / jsa taken our pensions into account when calculating our benefits i only get £13.10 weekly from esa coz of pension they seem to think i have a case if antbody wants any info contact me
  3. A new War Pension Scheme replacing the old one? I've seen nothing in government legislation about this, can you give a bit more info?