War pension appeal

Bigtim7

Swinger
Hi just after a bit of advice. I recently attended a entitlement appeal for 2 conditions that I now suffer because of service after vets UK rejected it saying this was caused by my work. I won my appeal and its back at vets UK and they need to accept my injurys/condition is due to service. I am currently on 20% war pension should I get my hopes up that I may go up to 40% with two other conditions accepted now. Or will vets UK try and get out of awarding me anymore

Thanks again
Tim

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Sorry you have been hard done by, but do you really think this is the best place to get advice, Will?

Was hoping for a bit of advice as kind of been left pretty open and don't know what to expect tbh
At best, you'll get a (possibly) educated guess from those of us who have battled the system.

The process by which your limitations are graded and by which your assessed percentage of disability is reached appears (to me) something of a black art.

Practically, the so-called 'magical' 40% tariff is proving to be quite difficult gain: at 40% you gain the War Pension Mobility Supplement (WPMS), amongst other enhanced benefits. I am of the opinion that there's a concerted effort not to award that (and higher levels) of compensation.

Your award will be what it will be, chap-no one here would (or should!) attempt to give a view on it. When it's announced, begin your appeal: indeed, you should be gathering evidence for such an appeal now.

Good luck.

Bigtim7

Swinger
At best, you'll get a (possibly) educated guess from those of us who have battled the system.

The process by which your limitations are graded and by which your assessed percentage of disability is reached appears (to me) something of a black art.

Practically, the so-called 'magical' 40% tariff is proving to be quite difficult gain: at 40% you gain the War Pension Mobility Supplement (WPMS), amongst other enhanced benefits. I am of the opinion that there's a concerted effort not to award that (and higher levels) of compensation.

Your award will be what it will be, chap-no one here would (or should!) attempt to give a view on it. When it's announced, begin your appeal: indeed, you should be gathering evidence for such an appeal now.

Good luck.
Thanks for reply and your honesty I don't know anything about mobility etc as I can get around OK. I am only 38 but my whole left arm is always in pain from my wrist to my shoulder. Suppose I will just need to wait and see. The vets doctor saying it's my work which has caused the conditions I now have where the appeal tribunal overturned this and said conditions due to my recent op to get metal work and carpal tunnel decompression surgery. Knowing what hassle I have had from the vets UK I can sense a other appeal going in

Thanks for reply and your honesty I don't know anything about mobility etc as I can get around OK. I am only 38 but my whole left arm is always in pain from my wrist to my shoulder. Suppose I will just need to wait and see. The vets doctor saying it's my work which has caused the conditions I now have where the appeal tribunal overturned this and said conditions due to my recent op to get metal work and carpal tunnel decompression surgery. Knowing what hassle I have had from the vets UK I can sense a other appeal going in
If you haven't already done so, get RBL on the case-their regional case officers do this sort of thing as a living.

Hi just after a bit of advice. I recently attended a entitlement appeal for 2 conditions that I now suffer because of service after vets UK rejected it saying this was caused by my work. I won my appeal and its back at vets UK and they need to accept my injurys/condition is due to service. I am currently on 20% war pension should I get my hopes up that I may go up to 40% with two other conditions accepted now. Or will vets UK try and get out of awarding me anymore

Thanks again
Tim
I have just been to Tribunal and in the same position - They agreed my cancer was attributed to my service so I await to see if my current 20% for other conditions is increased. Just have to wait and see what if any increase they offer. If not happy the Tribunal said to add to my appeal for an increase of current 20% which was adjourned.

I have just been to Tribunal and in the same position - They agreed my cancer was attributed to my service so I await to see if my current 20% for other conditions is increased. Just have to wait and see what if any increase they offer. If not happy the Tribunal said to add to my appeal for an increase of current 20% which was adjourned.
Out of curiosity only and feel free to not reply but what sort of cancer was found to be attributable? I hope you’re good and successful treatment.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Armed Forces Pension Scheme 3
H Army Pay, Claims & JPA 5
B Army Pay, Claims & JPA 11

Latest Threads