War on Terror, the boardgame

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by TerrorBull, Sep 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Arrse admin gave us the thumbs up to post this as long as "it's not too blatent advertising", well, here goes...

You're either with them or against them. Or sometimes you're both.

Previously just a violent hobby for greedy imperialists, now everyone can join in the War on Terror. Three years in the making, War on Terror the boardgame has carefully distilled and reduced modern geo-politics into a revolutionary game for the 21st century.

Players liberate the world while bickering over oil, funding and fighting terrorism, forcing regime changes and discovering those elusive WMDs. All the time alliances waver: old enemies become friends, while previous allies turn bad guys with one casual flick of the Axis of Evil spinner.

Designed as a serious challenge to the counter-productive pursuit of the so-called 'War on Terror', but also as a fun, family game to be played with Granny on Boxing Day. When a boardgame includes Suicide Bomber cards, Dirty Bombs, Nuclear Weapons and a balaclava with the word "Evil" stitched across the forehead, you know you’re in for a quality evening's entertainment.

It's been called "sick and ridiculous", "absolutely deplorable" and "the game that Voltaire would have made" and it's not even released yet. Needless to say, a game that blurs the line between empire and terrorist - allowing you to play as both - has opinion heavily divided.

The actual War on Terror costs billions, has no end and has taken thousands of lives. Luckily this 'Long War' can be fought in an evening, with minimal casualties and costs just 30 quid.

http://www.waronterrortheboardgame.com

http://www.terrorbullgames.co.uk

2. DUDE!!! I AM IN!!

well done, you'll make millions

3. It's been a three year fight with sanity, but I think it's worth it.

4. please do check your private messages

5. Ordered, but only cause of the balacalava.

6. RTFQ

RTFQ RIP

Is there a drinking version?

7. I may have to buy this.

8. Can you do a "Gurkha Tank Battle" as well please?
    It makes me laugh!

Top Quality though.... I may invest come month's end.

9. No drinking version as yet... But then people tend to turn to the booze after they realise that the terrorists they funded are coming right back at 'em.

Spinning the 'Axis of evil' is always a good time for a shot of something strong as well...