War on Plastic

Sure, it’s a problem, but the feckin bbc and all the other media twats have really jumped on this and whipped it up, all started by the breathy old bastard and his blue planet schtick. Now every conceivable item made of plastic is seen as the end of civilisation, and virtue signalling knuts all round the globe are on the shit wagon

Solution to the Plastic problem. Issue each person as they are born with
Mess tins/Camping metal plates and a mug.These must last for life and be taken on hols as no plates will be provided at hotels. If you need a straw dig one out of a Cornfield. Mugs must be taken to Costa etc
KFS- no more plastic commestibles
1 x Drinking bottle Aluminium FTUO
1x Thermos would be an advantage. Any possible permutation can be dealt with. Even weddings. Moreover Mess tins and camping plates do not break and can be passed on to the next generation.
Simples:-D

They should just ban straws outright, what the ****’s the point of them? If someone asks for one, the barman should be allowed to hit them on the forehead with a mallet.
The point is to stop getting lippy on the glasses, as it doesn't always come of in the dishwasher.

I don`t even know what a Mojito is. What does that make me?
It's like a mint julep, but it indicates your preference is for dusky chaps rather than white men as special friends.

Can people not just drink from the glass? Is there something wrong with their mouths or lips or something that they cannot drink from a glass or vessel of some sort?
When was the last time you went to a dentist? They strongly recommend the use of straws for all acidic drinks to extend the life of your teeth.

It's the latest cause to jump on.

I remember the good old days, no seatbelts when driving after 10 pints. Then, the seatbelt Nazi's decreed that everyone should be wearing a seatbelt, even kids in the back! As for drink driving, it used to be a laugh driving home by Braille because you were too leathered to focus but the do-gooders ruined that for everyone.

On a serious note (Yes, the above isn't me being serious) plastics being a bit bad for the environment isn't a particularly new concept but it gives the permaconcerned something to feel superior about for a while as they preach to the clueless 7 billion who just aren't as good as them.

Last edited:
Sure, it’s a problem, but the feckin bbc and all the other media twats have really jumped on this and whipped it up, all started by the breathy old bastard and his blue planet schtick. Now every conceivable item made of plastic is seen as the end of civilisation, and virtue signalling knuts all round the globe are on the shit wagon
I'm all for preventing plastic getting into the sea but I'm not sure I'll be able to stand the gloating from the Sky News ocean rescue campaign and no doubt their next campaign is already on the drawing board to ban something else.

Can people not just drink from the glass? Is there something wrong with their mouths or lips or something that they cannot drink from a glass or vessel of some sort?
I'm going to briefly be serious (don't worry, normal service will be resumed shortly) A good friend of mine has problems which include drinking from a normal cup due to a degenerative nerve disorder. She's using one of those hipster-ish mason jars with a handle and lid (with a straw hole)
Once she's almost finished the special bio-degradable straws I may get her a set of these;

i wonder how well they work as weapons...

They do? Never heard that one?
Apparently the biggest risk from soft drinks (to teeth) isn't the actual sugar but that you're bathing your teeth in acid, which softens the enamel. Then the sugar can get to work making cavities. By using a straw, the drink bypasses the teeth.

Apparently the biggest risk from soft drinks (to teeth) isn't the actual sugar but that you're bathing your teeth in acid, which softens the enamel. Then the sugar can get to work making cavities. By using a straw, the drink bypasses the teeth.
@Fang_Farrier can you comment on this please?

I have no problem with plastic packaging waste, cotton buds, carrier bags, or milk jugs.

It all goes in the wood stove, and is recycled into British Thermal Units.

( not KW , I won't have that foreign muck in the house )

I have no problem with plastic packaging waste, cotton buds, carrier bags, or milk jugs.

It all goes in the wood stove, and is recycled into British Thermal Units.

( not KW , I won't have that foreign muck in the house )
You do know that James Watt was British?

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
When was the last time you went to a dentist? They strongly recommend the use of straws for all acidic drinks to extend the life of your teeth.
I'm not surprised knowing what Coca Cola does but straws do not have to be plastic having existed in various forms for thousands of years and, more recently, in paper form.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
@Fang_Farrier can you comment on this please?
There are multiple factors at play.

The sugar is digested by bacteria in plaque, the byproduct is acid which causes demineralisation where the plaque is.

Fruit juice, for instance, is acidic by nature and will cause a wild spread tooth surface loss.

Fizzy drinks are acidic because of the CO2 dissolved in the liquid making an acidic solution.