War of the Worlds

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by aghart, Dec 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm off to the Bournemouth International Centre tonight to see the new updated production of Jeff Waynes Musical version of War of the Worlds. I've had the tickets for almost a year. So looking forward to this

Attached Files:

• wow.jpg
      wow.jpg
      File size:
      101.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Will Richard Burton attend?

3. I hate you.

It is going to be near me for one day. ONE ******* day. And guess what . I can't get there on that day.

That is why I hate you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm sure it'll be good. I'm certainly looking forward to your review tomorrow. But there is no way the current cast can have anywhere near the quality of voices of the originals ..... well maybe better than David Essex but not the others :)

5. I'm going to the pub, it's been there for 123 years, it will mostly also be there tomorrow....

6. In spirit of course

7. Musical heretic - You MUST BURN !!!! ;-)

(Enjoy your pub while you can - it'll all be gone on the 21st Dec ........ )

8. I hope so, you should see my bar tab!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Going to the O2 Sat night for it, apparent Gary Barlow singing not Kaiser Chief - I would probably rather have seen the latter...

10. By happy coincidence I had just dug out my CD of this a couple of days ago and have been playing it on my MP3 whilst out and about. Nice bit of nostalgia. I think the time is ripe for it to circulate around a new generation too.

I wouldn't mind seeing this show, but it's not likely that I'll get the chance. I wonder if they'll bring out a DVD of it.

11. I will shortly be listening to the original. On vinyl. Loudly

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

• Like Like x 2
  12. Hope it comes to Oz! I was wondering if there could be anything new made that could be as good? With the right story I recon Coldplay could do a good rock opera. Perhaps something like red dawn, an EMP blast takes out Europe, Korea and China invade US leaving Europe and the Ruskies seize the opportunity. Could be focused on the last remnants of a battered BOAR unit who escape into somewhere to fight back...

Just musing!

13. Let us know how it was! I went to see it at Sheffield arena 4 years ago when Justin Hayward was still in it and Richard Burton was the hologram, really good show. I'm not keen on the people they've got in it now (Jason Donovan, and I heard Gary Barlow too?) but it would be unfair to write it off without giving it a chance seen as the story is good & the band laying down the tunes are quality.
    Plus the girl playing the harp was absolutely stunning, she could have tuned up on my one string banjo anytime

14. Of course, it's how they make money you know...

15. Just saw an ad for the new album, I'm sure it will be good, but it's only a cover version, by a tribute band.

• Like Like x 1