War of the Worlds

I'm off to the Bournemouth International Centre tonight to see the new updated production of Jeff Waynes Musical version of War of the Worlds. I've had the tickets for almost a year. So looking forward to this

Attachments

I'm off to the Bournemouth International Centre tonight to see the new updated production of Jeff Waynes Musical version of War of the Worlds. I've had the tickets for almost a year. So looking forward to this
I hate you.

It is going to be near me for one day. ONE ******* day. And guess what . I can't get there on that day.

That is why I hate you.

I'm sure it'll be good. I'm certainly looking forward to your review tomorrow. But there is no way the current cast can have anywhere near the quality of voices of the originals ..... well maybe better than David Essex but not the others :)

By happy coincidence I had just dug out my CD of this a couple of days ago and have been playing it on my MP3 whilst out and about. Nice bit of nostalgia. I think the time is ripe for it to circulate around a new generation too.

I wouldn't mind seeing this show, but it's not likely that I'll get the chance. I wonder if they'll bring out a DVD of it.

Hope it comes to Oz! I was wondering if there could be anything new made that could be as good? With the right story I recon Coldplay could do a good rock opera. Perhaps something like red dawn, an EMP blast takes out Europe, Korea and China invade US leaving Europe and the Ruskies seize the opportunity. Could be focused on the last remnants of a battered BOAR unit who escape into somewhere to fight back...

Just musing!

Let us know how it was! I went to see it at Sheffield arena 4 years ago when Justin Hayward was still in it and Richard Burton was the hologram, really good show. I'm not keen on the people they've got in it now (Jason Donovan, and I heard Gary Barlow too?) but it would be unfair to write it off without giving it a chance seen as the story is good & the band laying down the tunes are quality.
Plus the girl playing the harp was absolutely stunning, she could have tuned up on my one string banjo anytime

By happy coincidence I had just dug out my CD of this a couple of days ago and have been playing it on my MP3 whilst out and about. Nice bit of nostalgia. I think the time is ripe for it to circulate around a new generation too.

I wouldn't mind seeing this show, but it's not likely that I'll get the chance. I wonder if they'll bring out a DVD of it.
Of course, it's how they make money you know...

Just saw an ad for the new album, I'm sure it will be good, but it's only a cover version, by a tribute band.

Apparently there is a DVD of the 2006 tour available, and they've just released a 2 disc CD of the current cast performance. But as I've already got the original release I see no need to get this version unless it's vastly superior to the classic version.

I saw the 30th Anniversary show at Newcastle's Metro Arena - absolutely fantastic night.
BTW Tricky1982, the Lass playing the Harp is called Julia Thornton.

Apparently there is a DVD of the 2006 tour available, and they've just released a 2 disc CD of the current cast performance. But as I've already got the original release I see no need to get this version unless it's vastly superior to the classic version.
Thanks for that; I just did a google search for it and looked it up. Seems like a worthwhile disc with some tempting special features too. So bouyed up with enthusiasm I just looked it up on the library catalouge and they have two copies - both missing! Now I've gone and got this on my mind I'm going to have to search around to get a copy else it will eat away at me...

I saw the show a couple of years ago at Sheffield arena, well worth going to see, whoever the cast are.

Don't sit next to one of the speaker though.