War Of The Worlds (BBC series)

When Blankface was conscripted at gunpoint (pressganged?), despite there being about 200 squaddies standing around (also looking gormless and more wahlike than warlike) they were in front of a huge mock Tudor mansion (or possibly a real one).

Anyone know where that was. It didn’t look CGId.

Reported for suggesting culturally appropriating something Japanese.
I conveniently identify as a Japanese samurai warrior*
I therefore counter your report with indignant outrage and some other bollox or other to do with hurt feelings over being oppressed.
Or something.

*For as long as I can be bothered anyway.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
That's three hours of woke, anti-imperialist, feminist, gaylib, green propaganda that my license fed has paid for.

For balance, can the BBC produce a series on how nice Hitler was to animals? And the positive side of slavery?

I conveniently identify as a Japanese samurai warrior*
I therefore counter your report with indignant outrage and some other bollox or other to do with hurt feelings over being oppressed.
Or something.

*For as long as I can be bothered anyway.
Is that the best excuse you can come up with for your collection of worn Japanese schoolgirl's nether garments?

That's three hours of woke, anti-imperialist, feminist, gaylib, green propaganda that my license fed has paid for.

For balance, can the BBC produce a series on how nice Hitler was to animals? And the positive side of slavery?
When Magic Grandad gets to No. 10, (stop sniggering at the back), he will certainly be commissioning them to make a documentary on how nice Grofaz was to the Joos.

The positive side of slavery one will feature a certain future female Home Secretary of colour chained to a bed. Excuse me, I suddenly feel rather nauseous.

Is that the best excuse you can come up with for your collection of worn Japanese schoolgirl's nether garments?
“In my defence, your honour, I only wanted a bag of crisps from the vending machine and these kept coming out”.
On thread: I only saw the last bit of the last episode. It just needed some snot nosed kids and some finger pointing to make it into “Compo Face Ultimate Anthology”, it made stagging on, in the winter, in a German ammo compound look positively thrilling.

Dicky Ticker

War Hero
The positive side of slavery one will feature a certain future female Home Secretary of colour chained to a bed. Excuse me, I suddenly feel rather nauseous.
The positive side of slavery, which a lot of people fail to understand, is that the UK spend most of it's time trying to stop it. It was only the US that took advantage but that isn't what most people want to hear....

You'll be pleased to know that the disgustingly white male hero walks bravely to his woke death at the hands of the Martian so the heroine can get away.

Quite why they both didn't just run out the back door and leg it eludes me.
Martians our of their machines and nobody in Edwardian Britain can find a 600 Express...

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
The positive side of slavery, which a lot of people fail to understand, is that the UK spend most of it's time trying to stop it. It was only the US that took advantage but that isn't what most people want to hear....
Indeed:
Image result for british sailor freeing slave
Slave shackle being removed by British Sailor, 1907.

ches

LE
When Blankface was conscripted at gunpoint (pressganged?), despite there being about 200 squaddies standing around (also looking gormless and more wahlike than warlike) they were in front of a huge mock Tudor mansion (or possibly a real one).

Anyone know where that was. It didn’t look CGId.
Filmed in one of my old stomping grounds, i used to live just outside the village. Gt Budworth, Cheshire.

Ep 3 was so tedious, TF it ended. Not a scooby doo what it was all about apart the martians have a fcuk about on weapons free.

Filmed in one of my old stomping grounds, i used to live just outside the village. Gt Budworth, Cheshire.

Ep 3 was so tedious, TF it ended. Not a scooby doo what it was all about apart the martians have a fcuk about on weapons free.
Blimey, that’s a nice village. Something like 51 listed properties. Still can’t locate that Manor House among them.

Was that the village in WOTW? Coz wherever it was filmed ISAS wasn’t Woking, or anywhere near. (I know IMDB says the filming location was Liverpool but I doubt that village was in Liverpool).

There is no positive side to slavery and the the British decision to stop it was taken after it had been going on on a large scale for over a century and was fiercely opposed by those who stood to lose money. Compensation had to be paid as a way of getting enough support in parliament.

Latest Threads