War Of The Worlds (BBC series)

New trailer released for this series, looks like it *could* be decent and at least this time it's set in the right time period from the source material.

Been wishing for a decent 'proper' adaption for a while now. Got my fingers crossed for it.

Wow! This looks great! The story really needs to be told from the perspective of a man living in England at the turn of the 19th Century. Just when I was going to give up on the BBC, they do come up with a smashing idea. (I still think Dr. Who with the gobby Feminist cnut is garbage tho')

I really hope that the BBC manages to get the battle between the Martians and HMS Thunder Child in there.

BUT will there be feminists, homosexuals AND black people?
Dunno mate, but I imagine BBC will want to put a few token rug munchers and darkies in it to be eaten by the Martians. Because they're woke now, y'know? :mrgreen: :headbang:

I really hope that the BBC manages to get the battle between the Martians and HMS Thunder Child in there.
Can we also hope they'll show the RHA (edit - probably not as 'heavy' guns are involved) train crossing between (now) Waterloo East and Waterloo - crossing both the access road and cutting across/through the railway concourse of the day ?

Edit ... background and photo The Waterloo Link - London Reconnections

Was HGW a train buff - wearing pastel shirts and pink trousers ?

Last edited:

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
New trailer released for this series, looks like it *could* be decent and at least this time it's set in the right time period from the source material.
First I've read of it, though Alien Minor 2 read a synopsis on Sunday. I didn't push him, but I'm sure he said, and repeated, Edwardian. Well the last years of the 19th century were definitely Victorian.

On the other hand, search out The Great Martian War 1913-1917. I found it on The History Channel a few years ago and rated it higher than IMDb do.

Last edited:
Been wishing for a decent 'proper' adaption for a while now. Got my fingers crossed for it.
You.... you ... you mean??

Tom Cruise wasn't the original inspiration for HG Wells?!!!??? :oops::???:

Latest Threads