War Memorial Stolen

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Sven, Nov 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Beyond Belief
  2. was it bronze?
  3. Doesn't the link show, AJ??

Forgot - You are in China - here's the article

There You go
  4. I'm absolutly lost for words, and I thought I had reached the point where nothing in this sh!thole county suprised me anymore.
  5. Jesus! Pikey fcuks - better get everyone to keep an eye on any similar memorials - they have been stealing mainly art works up until now, if they have gone this low they will be after everything.

There cannot be that many scrap metal firms that would melt stuff like this down.

This is not the work of any native born British person - I sense the hand of SE Europe in this.
  6. Is it bronze
  7. A-Jihad - a very racist comment there. Why couldn't it be the local scummers who thought they could sell it for scrap? I find your comments very offensive
  8. No I think Jihad is right, there has been a marked increase in this type of crime by our guest residents.

Sometimes the butler did do it you know!
  9. Regardless of 'who' did it, with a 5ft1 statue made of bronze, that's got to be a few perps at least. One of them is bound to make the mistake of bigging himself up over this, or seek to make a quick buck.

Their stupidity will get the better of them!
  10. so Johnny Foreigner gets the blame again - specifically those from SE Europe. There are no homegrown criminals in Britain?

That means those from the Balkans, Romania, Bulgaria and possibly Hungary. Poland, with far the most "guests" is NE Europe so it can't be them, even though they outnumber all of the aformentioned put together. But then they do look alot "whiter" than those closer to the Med!
  11. racist? please explain.
  12. I think your comment that it can't be the work of anyone British born says it all

No wonder the BNP are getting votes with nobs like you!
  13. This is becoming a far too common crime; a bronze of a horseman (Boer War?) was stolen recently (sorry can't find the link) from a grave in a churchyard on the Wilts/Dorset border, and it was alarmed after a previous attempt.

Pikey? Racist?
    Given that it's almost an exclusive crime carried out by the "travelling community" I think the earlier comments are quite fair.
  14. I cannot believe that someone unrestrained holds such a level of moron-ness. But unfortunately I can believe it being a person born and bred here as well as anyone else. Is there that much money in bronze, or is there some other practicality I can't see in this?