War Hero Imposter Up To His Old Tricks

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Sixty, Dec 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

I know, I know. Walt threads are dull.

However, our old chum Sir Alan McIlwraith has learned his lesson and is now walting as a magician who came second in the World Magician of the Year contest instead :D (magic walts?!) rather than as a war hero. Up in the world eh?

Link. Sunday Mail.

He is apparently quite good at it but seems unable to stop the lying. Pathetic creature really.
  2. This lines a cracker:

3. Master Magician eh.

Looks like I'm the first to say it's a shame the the cnut hasn't made himself disappear then. :D
  4. Was this the guy who was claiming to be a captain in the Para reg with an MC? He called himself 'sir captain *** MC', rather than Captain sir *** MC.
  5. Aye, this plankton.

Attached Files:

6. Dont know if it's the same bloke- the one I remember was in a news paper about 2005 and was a Para. IIRC his wife and in-laws all believed his tales. He was, literally, dining out on it getting invited to smart parties etc.
  7. Thats the one, he really needs to be burned at the stake.

Has anyone tried to get their CV taken seriously in and around Glasgow after this prize plonker started his rubbish. Ive even had macilwraith mentioned in an interview. :x :x :x :x :x

Edited to say: i have just looked at his Phot again and it gives me the rage!!!
  8. Has no-one managed to 'catch up' with him for a 'chat', or has Glasgow changed these days?
  9. Great idea for a magic trick

Let's get him in a box and get the big saw out

Then remind him, that you only read the first paragraph on the "cutting in half trick" but not to worry, you are sure you can blag it you are a magician
  10. He faked a suicide attempt after getting a ribbing at work (when he finally turned up) (but that was the last place i heard of him, I have a mate who worked in the same dept) Noone has seen or heard of him until today.

I would love to get my hands on him. :twisted:
  11. What a scroat.

Maybe that's where he got his magic ideas from?
  12. If he wants to look like a bag of sh1te with it (jacket, tie and SB on last notch) he should pose a little higher than a Captain.

13. This guy needs a serious slapping or locking up.
  14. I'd say he has some serious mental health problems..

or maybe he's just a cnut.
  15. What a tool. Still cant believe I was at school with the cnut. He was so thick...God knows how he managed to get away with it for so long.