War films on Boxing Day, can Xmas end any better?

Have packed the kids off, topped up the dinner time hangover with a decent bottle and have settled down to watch ITV 4's 633 Squadron on Sky +

For those of us lucky enough to be at home with family and friends, is there any better way to wrap up Christmas?

My favourite airy plane of all time being flown by Mike Baldwin and Fritz getting a jolly good thrashing.

jarrod248 said:
It's nearly finished! I'm watching Bridge on the River Kwai on 139
Good man Jarrod, just hit the Sky+ for that one as well. Am just at the point where Mr Baldwin is about to buy it on the training flight, so Jack Hawkins and Alec Guiness will have to wait for the second bottle of port.

Worth watching 633 again just to watch the Mossies and listen to those Merlins.

OldRedCap said:
Bugger - I have German guests staying with me!!
As Basil said "Don't mention the war!".
Ha, that's scuppered you, you won't be able to help yourself from singing
"Two World Wars and one World Cup" now. :wink:

Aunty Stella said:
Have packed the kids off, topped up the dinner time hangover with a decent bottle and have settled down to watch ITV 4's 633 Squadron on Sky +

For those of us lucky enough to be at home with family and friends, is there any better way to wrap up Christmas?

My favourite airy plane of all time being flown by Mike Baldwin and Fritz getting a jolly good thrashing.
Watched 'Aces High' just before, WW1 stiff upper lip stuff, marvelous!

Still can't beat de Haviland's wooden wonder, what a plane.

Ha, that's scuppered you, you won't be able to help yourself from singing
"Two World Wars and one World Cup" now. :wink:[/quote]

"one World Cup" and three to you.. :lol:

S

swampmonster

Aunty Stella said:

Yup..Sky +d it too...

crackin sound track too :)

On now, Richard III , not a war film per se, but a blinding performance by Sir Ian.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Boxing day was good but Saturday 27th has to go down as one of the best for war films

I found - BBC 2 We dive at Dawn
More 4 - Carry on up the Kyhber
Film 4 - A matter of life and death
Bravo - The Eagle has landed
Five US Dr Strangelove

BTW The Eagle has landed is on BBC 2 tommorrow afternoon just after lunch

can't believe am gonna miss Carry on up thr Khyber. Agh!