War disablement question.

bombdr2494

Old-Salt
Morning all

Since being invalided out after 16 years service i have received 60% war disablement pension. I still work, although i am limited to what i can actually do (im a qualified i&c rigger but can no longer do that) im wondering if i would be entitled to the lowered standard of occupation allowance, comforts allowance, clothing allowance & mobility supplement. I have looked on the gov website but cant seem to make head nor tail of it.

Any information and help greatly appreciated.

Bombdr

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
Veterans UK is a good place to go for advice, on here you'll have to weed out a lot of crap to find the helpful stuff, try the search button.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
You're welcome.

E

EScotia

Morning all

Since being invalided out after 16 years service i have received 60% war disablement pension. I still work, although i am limited to what i can actually do (im a qualified i&c rigger but can no longer do that) im wondering if i would be entitled to the lowered standard of occupation allowance, comforts allowance, clothing allowance & mobility supplement. I have looked on the gov website but cant seem to make head nor tail of it.

Any information and help greatly appreciated.

Bombdr

Best thing to do is either email veterans uk on veterans-uk@mod.uk or ring them on 0808 1914 2 18 and ask for application forms for all allowances you should be entitled to.

Allowances that are not automatic and have to be claimed

War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement

This is payable if walking difficulty is caused wholly or mainly by the pensioned disablement – and that is assessed at 40% or more. The qualifying conditions are similar to those for DLA higher rate mobility component. It cannot be paid at the same time as DLA mobility component.

Should you already be claiming DLA mobility, write to veterans uk and ask to transfer to War Pensions mobility as it is worth slightly more.

Allowance for lowered standard of occupation

This is paid where the pensioned disablement means the applicant is unable to follow their regular occupation or do work of a similar standard. The pensioned disablement must be of at least 40%. This allowance cannot be paid at the same time as Unemployability Supplement, Incapacity Benefit or Employment & Support Allowance (ESA).

Unemployability Supplement (extra amounts can be considered for dependants).

This is paid where the pensioned disablement is at least 60% and the applicant is likely to be permanently unable to work, or to earn more than a small amount of therapeutic earnings. Unemployability Supplement cannot be paid at the same time as Incapacity Benefit or Employment & Support Allowance (ESA). Unemployability Supplement overlaps with basic state pension and can be topped up to the level of the state pension.

Clothing Allowance

Payable when the pensioned disablement is assessed at 20% or more, and causes exceptional wear and tear to clothing.

Allowances that are paid automatically

Exceptionally Severe Disablement Allowance
Severe Disablement Occupational Allowance
Comforts Allowance
Age Allowance

Notional Assessments

A £10 per week disregard should be applied to the amount of the basic War Disablement Pension and the balance is taken into account as income. Certain supplementary allowances are ignored in full, these are:

Exceptionally Severe Disablement Allowance
Severe Disablement Occupational Allowance
War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement
Where the candidate is in receipt of Constant Attendance Allowance ½ CAA received or ½ higher rate DLA whichever is the lesser amount is regarded as being available towards the cost of the assessed care. The remainder of the CAA is disregarded.

Good evening

Any chance of a link to more information about this

Clothing Allowance Payable when the pensioned disablement is assessed at 20% or more, and causes exceptional wear and tear to clothing.

Archie

E

EScotia

Good evening

Any chance of a link to more information about this

Clothing Allowance Payable when the pensioned disablement is assessed at 20% or more, and causes exceptional wear and tear to clothing.

Archie
Page 17 of the link I posted above (#6).

Latest Threads