War between North Korea - Japan - Inevitable?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by SmithsRail, Mar 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok, everybody knows North Korea is preparing for it's Long Range ballistic missle tests, 2-8th April 2009.

The missile will be flying OVER Japan.

North Korea & Japan do not get on.

Japan says if the missile is launched they will shoot it down.

North Korea will see this is an act of war and respond 'appropriately'.
    (Most likely a size 12 foot straight in to Tokyo).

Norht Korea say they are DEFINITLEY going to launch, Japan say they are DEFINITLEY going to shoot it down..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does this not mean that there'll be a dirty big stand-off coming in April..?

Linky.

Edit: Shi'ite grammer.

2. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Japan is over populated and in economic kak anyway.........

3. Japan has nukes and the delivery systems it needs. Doubtless they'll be assembling all the bits now, just in case.

I reckon its a bluff by North Korea. Don't forget that the USN is still in Yokosuka (and all over the archipelago near all major population centres, as well as Okinawa). An attack on Japanese soil with anything other than a small conventional warhead would lead to instant declaration of war by the US and North Korea being turned into a car park in fairly short order.

4. Eh?

Have you been hitting the Tom Clancy / conspiraloon juice, perchance?

5. Oh please. Nuclear reactors with no UN inspections, massive hi-tech industry and a pissed off neighbour. I'd be surprised if they DIDN'T.

I remember hearing something while I lived there along the lines of the Japanese needing to send a lot of their nuclear waste abroad for reprocessing and that none of the expected refinable plutonium was ever present.

Still, even if they don't, the Spams certainly do and they're unlikely to be pleased with Uncle Kim if he does go through with this.

6. You don't think Russians and the Chinese would be at High Doh if they thought the Japs had nukes?

7. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Well, if the North Koreans are DEFFO going to fire it over Japan, and Japan is DEFFO going to shoot it down, and that's DEFFO and act of war, it's no wonder that the US is DEFFO playing wargames in the area, sending ships to protect it's boomer detectors, which is DEFFO a result of the Chinese getting sensitive over their Boomer lie-ups being spied on.

It's DEFFO bad news somewhere in the world folks, and the badder news is war is a great distraction for just about any kind of fcuk-ups and financial disasters at home.

8. I agree, North Korea won't back out of launching though. Kimmy boy will have too much to lose.

9. In answer to the thread title yes, and very possibly with China as an ally, the PRC is soooooooooooooooooooo fcuked off with NK behaviour its unreal.

10. Andy_S

Andy_S LE Book Reviewer

Norks have been rattling sabers since Lee Myung-bak came into office last Feb. They have ratcheted it up in recent weeks but despite cutting military hotline, threatening to destroy S Korea, closing border checkpoint, whacking a South Korean tourist in July, etc, etc....they are STILL allowing S Korean workers in and out of the Kaesong Special Industrial Complex.

Norks talk a good game, but every analyst I know in Seoul believes that regime survival is Pyongyang's top strategy. (This was very different in 1950, when Kim Sr reckoned he would take S Korea before US could fully deploy - and he was almost right.) For that reason, threats of war should not be taken too seriously. There is certainly no panic on the streets of Seoul...nor even much front page news. Economy is to the forefront in media here.

There again, the conventional wisdom has been wrong before.

11. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Japan- like Canada- makes great use of peaceful and civilian nuclear applications. They have however stated- again like the Cannuks- that they no intention of developing nuclear arsenals. This however does not mean that they cannot do so in months or possibly even weeks if much of the ground work hass been done. This is why the IAEC gets very sniffy about dodgy states developing "peaceful, civilian nuclear infrastructure". Nearly ALL of the peaceful tech has a war tech application, and the knowledge base required overlaps more than significantly...

Edited due to mong type...

12. I dont think so, as both countrys are bluffing. ---- No threat detected. 8)

13. "You breaking my balls, Hans!" :twisted:

15. The only Korea Japan has to worry about is Huntington's. Inflicted by 'Enola Gay'.