War Art

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by seascapes, Jan 30, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm an artist and I need some information please.
    *What are the things you miss the most when your away on active service?
    *Has anyone got a photograph looking down from your eyeview along the length of a rifle (not through the sight although that might be interesting too)
    *What plane is used by the British for transporting heavy goods like tanks and armoured vehicles.
    *Does anone want to share any memoirs? You can remain anonymous :) P

Thankyou

2. Thanks Troy....appreciate that.

3. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

The aircraft used by the RAF for heavy lift is the Lockheed C17A we now have 7 available, but they also have a number of Antonov AN 124 from a Russian company leased through NATO

4. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

Frank Brangwyn's painting of a tank in WW1 used to scare the crap out of me when I was a little kid, it was just to huge for a child to comprehend, there you go my total knowledge of war art

Attached Files:

5. My Grandfather made one of those first world war tanks from wood, made it for my Mum as a piggy bank!
    The Antonov AN 124, I have been looking at those. Are they in their original colours? White? They are amazing.
    Also, I have a plan of a picture in mind....it involves a 'range finder', the diagramatical tool used to map your surroundings ahead. Is that tool still utilised?
    Thanks for the feedback, its really important.