WAR agains Zimbabwe

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Frogman, Dec 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys, when is the UK going to wipe this kak place off the map.

Have a look at what the guys from ZIM are doing to the white elderly in South Africa.

The South African Police are protecting the rapist and murders and letting them out on bail so they can keep on raiding

If you don't want to make war, send me some guns so I can start the party.

'It's such a brutal story'
    07/12/2007 07:20 - (SA)

Marietie Louw-Carstens, Beeld

Mookgopong - Blood-spattered carpets and pillows, the twisted frame of a pair of spectacles and glass from a shattered watch.

These were the signs of a vicious attack at the home of Theuns Janse van Rensburg, 72, and his wife, Hettie, 70, in Mookgopong on Sunday night.

Four of Hettie's fingers were hacked off and she hid in the main bedroom's en-suite bathroom while one of the attackers lay next to her bleeding husband on their bed, watching television.

Theuns had been so badly assaulted with a panga that he had lost consciousness.

Their son, Theuns, who also lives in the town, walked Beeld's reporter through the house and said: "It's such a brutal story. It looked as if an ox had been slaughtered in the bathroom."

Two arrested for break-in

The hands of his father's broken **** indicated that the attack must have happened about 19:00.

They plundered the house and left only about 04:00.

Two illegal Zimbabwean immigrants were arrested on Tuesday night when they tried to break into a house in the same street, just seven houses away from the Janse van Rensburgs' home.

The two men were employed by Janse van Rensburg in his gardening service.

The resident who arrested them found Janse van Rensburg's video machine, Afrikaans CDs and a knife on one of the men.

The man apparently also had Hettie's handbag with her identity book on him. Other household goods, including food, were allegedly found on the men.

The men have been held in the local police cells since their arrest.

They were scheduled to appear in court on charges of housebreaking and attempted murder, among other things, on Thursday.

But police said they were still questioning the men and were due to appear in court on Friday.

About 30 people from the town and farmers from the surrounding area gathered at the court early on Thursday wanting to see what the suspects looked like.

Cops want reinforcements

Beeld heard that the police investigating team did not want to allow the two suspects to appear before they had arranged for reinforcements "to control" people at the court.

Upset residents said it appeared as if police wanted to protect the suspects from them.

"What protection did Hettie have when they cut her fingers off?" asked one farmer.
  2. It's not our job to sort out these shite-holes (though I'd rather have seen the forces invade Rhodesia and sort that out rather than Iraq/Afghan).

When are SA and the other countries down that way going to stop defending/ignoring/accepting Mugabe and Zim and sort them out? You lot are better placed, ffs...
  3. You appear to be in SA; when are your 'government' going to do something about it?
  4. Ya I know, SA will never do anything against Zim as the ANC was taken under their wing and Zim gave the ANC all the AK47's and stuff they needed to attack the apartheid police.

You know Nelson Mandel and OR Thambo was the head natchos at the ANC when the ANC planted Church street bomb that killed 18 and injured about 200, this is a act of terrorism yet the world put sanctions against us for fighting terror. Now that the ANC won the race and are murdering us till there are none left, the world is looking the other way. In South Africa the firearm acts prevents us from protecting our selfs so even if we wanted to wage war against our government or the dooses in Zim we would have to use sticks and stones.

Ag lets just hope someone decides to supply me with a H-Bomb so I can make Zim a bigger whole then Kimberley mine is at this moment.
  5. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Quite right. It's not our job to institute a regime change just because we don't like what they are doing to their own people. To try to impose a democratic government on a despot. Or to interfere in the domestic running of a country.

Not unless you have huge oil reserves?
  6. Do they have any oil in Rhodesia????
  7. This guy says he is ready to wage war against the UK, I think the second most capable army in the world, he is delusional. You guys are all right, not your fight and wont be a great war as there is no food or petrol in Zim, they will have to fight on horses.

UK rocks, you might of given us a ass whipping back in the Anglo boer war but a adversary second to none.
  8. Seconded.

That or another lazy journo on a slow news day....
  9. Definitions of "Wah" on the Web:

* Unit of measurement that is unique to Thailand, which equals 4 Sq.M. under the metric system
  10. That's confirmed then.
  11. indeed. Well, in 1999, Thabo Mbeki started quiet discussions with Mugabe to bring about a democratic change, transferring power to regional councils slowly and start fair elections. Which sounds great and is all true. Except it didnt do anything. What he did do, was oppose sanctions for two reasons. Firstly it would have meant that SA would have been flooded with starving Zimbabwe refugees (they do have a good policy of shooting them as they cross the border, or rounding them up and chucking them back) Secondly, Mbeki's policy means that south african businesses are able to exploit business opportunities within Zimbabwe, which while slim pickings, when the rest of the world isnt talking to Zimbabwe, thats still a fairly sizeable wedge.

Whats great about SAs business involvement in Zimbabwe is that its based, pretty much entirely within the government sector so plenty of cash to be made of training soldiers, supplying Mugabes lot with survailence equip and supplying equipment and training to the police.

Dont forget that Mugabe's land reform policy of the early 90s, was right up the ANCs street. The ANC see themselves as the guiding hand for all african (and more specifically black african) rights and central to this is breaking down the structures put in place by imperialism.

So thats what your country have done. They've helped him. And will continue to. Now fack off and sort your own mess out.
  12. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Frankly who gives a toss about Zim? I don't.

The country self determined the way it wanted to go a long time ago when the country gave Mugabe power and I see no obligation in going in to sort the country out.

Frankly, less using colonial methods and receiving payments for putting the nation back on its feet, I don't see how or why you would want to get involved anyway. But acting as such would be too left field these days.
  13. Thats not very nice dude, so much for brotherly love, this aint my country cause I am not black..
  14. Not our problem any more and even if it was we have no capacity or inclination to do anything about it other than make speeches decrying Mugabe.

General view is that Zim will wholly crash & burn before it can start to be rebuilt.