Wanting to join tankies

Discussion in 'RAC' started by millzi07, Jul 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hey all, i am going to join tankies, have wanted to for 10 years, im 18 and was meaning to join when i left school, i have had some army experience such as cadets and the TA as infantry but everytime i see a challenger 2 and seeing the snidy smile on the crues faces everytime they step onto it makes me jelous as hell, specially when im sitting in a hole full of shi.te and freezing my ti.ts off.
    so instead of fuckin about, ive left the TA and going to sign my self up to the tankies.

Yet for the 10 years ive wanted to do it for, ive never hardly had any information about training and i dont even know what unit i would be going into, i live in nottingham and i do know that chillwell barracks in nottingham did used to have a armourd regiment their but not know more.
    what i do know -

- you do 12 weeks basic training.
    - go to bovington to learn how to drive the daddy.
    - then to germany

what i would like to know-

- fitness wise
    - training in some detail
    - lifestyle
    - and more if anyone does know

hope to hear some replies to eager me on and give me a insite into being part of the ELITE armourd.

much thanks, stefan mills

2. Go for it. if this is what you want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

3. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

padfal - I told you not to play with those matches. 8)

Millzi, it,s always best to go to the Army Careers Office and get some up to date gen and come back with some specific questions.

4. wooo new background for my laptop, yea damn right thats what i want, more than i want cameron diaz in bed, help me out guys, i need info on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have been to the careers office, give me paper work on it, but noone is their who has anything to do with tanks, so little face to face conversation on it!

5. Spelling as we all know is optional in the the RTR, cos no fecker can understand them anyway, join the Cav, learn to spell. get all the chicks and by the RTR drive into conflicts, we ride into battle. :p
    Looks good and makes your wanger look so much bigger with the slappers(usuallyRTR wives) Har, har. Tin hat is on flak inbound. :lol:

6. Why learn to spell if your grammar is SHITE?????????????

7. May this be a wah in the offing??

8. If you wanna know anythin, throw me a pm. I was at bovi not so long ago

9. Ummm not sure anyone would want you after that statement. 8O

10. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

scarletto - I think I go with your original assumption. My fingers is close to the delete button.

11. Cheers, not that im casting doubts,but well seeing he is ex-TA surely he would have some idea on fitness being ex-Inf as well, and anyone who thinks firing a Tank Gun is better than Cameron Diaz in bed needs serious therapy before joining anything let alone the Army.

I can assure you mate it aint, not that ive had cameron diaz in bed, but you get my drift.

Cue---Goonery Instructors rushing to sign millzi07 to their Regiment :)

12. Tankie2ndrtr

Tankie2ndrtr Old-Salt Reviewer

hahah Cav ? pffft, they feed em hay we feed am deisol! be a propper "tankie" and Join the 2nd Royal Tank Regiment. Second to none !
    Never been beaton on the praire and pwon every one on ranges !. Plus you get to wear All black ! and be called MIB not wear some poncey skin tight leggins on a horse !.

13. Where did it all go wrong? :roll:

14. Mortified, dear boy, mortified.

15. But not on these they are Leopolds are they not...2A5/2A6 mbt cannot quite see all the rd wheels ....!!!!!!!!

certainly not uk tanks ...