wanting to join QARANC

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by redlb77, Mar 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hello everyone im new to this site... so please be gentle with me!! I am a 25 year old qualified ICU civie nurse, i want to join the TA QARANC- so i can deploy to a field hospital and help our boys and use my clinical skills!
    I have so far not got very far despite applying and numerous emails and lack of responses! I have been for my medical and am supposed to be attending a recruitment selection date tomorrow but have had minimal response despite many emails and calls! please can someone give me some advice.... greatly appreciated!

2. Have a bit of patience, the process can take a while. Good luck!

3. Just make sure that any correspondence with you is checked, that the Selection Day is confirmed with timings, speak with the PSI or AO but as Markintime says, have patience. Good luck!

4. more fool the recruiting team from the TA Unit that you have applied to join

A lot of people express interest in joining both the Regs and TA, but at various points in the process - many drop out or are 'weeded' out

Your recruit selection is for 'them' to see 'you' and assess your suitability to join

good luck

5. How did it go?

If you're still left with the impression that it's slow going, try putting your feet through the door of the unit you want to join - if they think you'll be a good fit, they should help move things along. And if all else fails, you could try writing to Dep Comd 2Med Bde who is responsible for AMS TA.