• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

wanting to join army as cmt

hi there,please bear with me but im prob gonna ask a few things that have already answered elsewhere,its just i cant find them,im a 26 year old male wanting to join as a cmt,just a few thing on my mind,are all new recurits to the army 17 year old school leavers as i feel im leaving it too late!!!(although not giving up!)do i need any gcse's to be a cmt,or just prove myself on the BARB test?what is the time i will have to complete my mile and half in,haqve been told 14 mins?? is this right,fitness is my main worry as i have been a bum my whole life till about 3 months ago when i decided i wanted to join the army,thanks for any help, Streety

If I recall, the run time is 12.5 mins for males recruits and 14 for female. Someone at a phase 1 establishment please feel free to correct me but I think thats the times, and there is a 6 mile CFT for recruits also.

Under CMS(E) it may have changed, its been a long time.

S*ck me sideways 8O

The Army must be desperate, raising the timings that far.
I thought it was still 10:30 for males and 13:00 for fems (which I thought was very forgiving)...

Latest Threads