wanting to join army as cmt

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by streety, Oct 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi there,please bear with me but im prob gonna ask a few things that have already answered elsewhere,its just i cant find them,im a 26 year old male wanting to join as a cmt,just a few thing on my mind,are all new recurits to the army 17 year old school leavers as i feel im leaving it too late!!!(although not giving up!)do i need any gcse's to be a cmt,or just prove myself on the BARB test?what is the time i will have to complete my mile and half in,haqve been told 14 mins?? is this right,fitness is my main worry as i have been a bum my whole life till about 3 months ago when i decided i wanted to join the army,thanks for any help, Streety

2. if you are a girl, yes, if youre a bloke then its 10 mins 30 seconds.

3. If I recall, the run time is 12.5 mins for males recruits and 14 for female. Someone at a phase 1 establishment please feel free to correct me but I think thats the times, and there is a 6 mile CFT for recruits also.

Under CMS(E) it may have changed, its been a long time.

4. S*ck me sideways 8O

The Army must be desperate, raising the timings that far.
    I thought it was still 10:30 for males and 13:00 for fems (which I thought was very forgiving)...