Wanted: Wilkinson Sword Fairbairn Sykes

Discussion in 'Classified Ads' started by bago, Nov 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone wanting to off-load a Wilkinson Sword Fairbairn Sykes dagger, with scabbard (for a collection)? I'm after the genuine article please, ideally post-WW2 to close-of-factory manufacture, though will consider earlier. I'm after a vanilla piece, though will also consider a commemorative version, edged or not edged. Happy to pay a good price, depending on quality. I'm not after a 20 quid camping version.

2. I have a Wilkinson sword, Knife fork and spoon if that helps ?

3. Ah yes. Sadly I have one of those already - the pride of my very extensive spoon collection.

4. I have a few racing spoons myself ( despite the new rations having a Mark 1 spoon for the use of )

I will do some digging as I have (sadly) a friend who has a massive collection of knives (and F&S daggers) I have to say... he is a bit weird though (he is ex coldstream guards)

Regards

PoGs
    PocketComms - Language First Aid at your Fingertips

5. RA officers Wilkinsons engraved Royal Artillery sword with brown Scabbard and leather attachments. In great condition ready for the parade ground. buyer to arrange postal or courier from N. Ireland.

6. i have a wwII 6 para (Royal Welch - same owner 42-47) version with scabbard (brass and leather) - how much is that worth then?

7. I have no idea about that mate !

8. There's a dealer has a first pattern one for £1075 ............. cheap enough for you ?

There is a company in Scotland who make a cracking version for around £300 i think. What do youplan to use it for ?

9. Many thanks indeed. If you have any luck please let me know!

10. On eBay they (WW2 versions) sell for 2 to 5 hundred (usd) or more depending on condition - a lot more if they have history and are in great nick.

11. Cheap ones I carry on my ninja anti-dogging patrols in Surbiton. But more than 30 in a Tesco's bag clank too much. Expensive ones I just look at. A £1075 one... I'd probably have to skip Christmas presents for my children. And everyone else I know. Probably have mince instead of turkey.

What is the company in Scotland?

12. Fairbairn Sykes Commando Knife

£220 a pop for teh first pattern, £160 for the third. You'll be able to see the blade gleam in the moonlight as you take down the doggers' sentries :)

13. "they don't like it up 'em!"...if you see what I mean. Thanks for the link

14. Very nice chap as well is Paul. You wont go far wrong with him.