Wanted - Wiki Keeper

Discussion in 'ARRSEpedia' started by Bad CO, May 16, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

We need a couple of people who will agree to be the full time guardians of the new wiki. Ideally you should be fully conversant with the way that wikis work and able to keep ours under control and particularly give it a bit of structure through categories, etc.

The successful applicant will be given sysop powers over the wiki and made a moderator of a dedicated wiki board to be created shortly.

Applications by PM to me with reasons why you should be chosen.

2. Jesus, feck up there :oops:

3. Does the post include BB baiting rights? And are they allowed to write slanderous entries and pass them off as belonging to other people just to start inhouse fighting?

If so I have the ideal candidate.......

Beebs :?

4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

What's the pay and conditions of service like?

5. Auld-Yin

Anyway - following on from the MOD harrassment thread - should the election not be a full and open competition. Let the candidates state their case in open court - let the hustings be built and the fight for this prestigeous post begin.

Before I apply - what is a Wiki?

6. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Okay - I'm up for that, let those who wish to be the Wiki-keeper state their reasons here...................

Bonus marks for already having made contributions & having a knowledge of how it works.

P.S Have already had a 'substantial' number of applications!

7. If an application has already been made does it need to be re-stated here?

8. You've got my PM and look at what I put for Biomedical Scientists......I think 8O

i would also like to add i do no work and can therefore keep an eye on the Wiki (what the hell does it mean by the way???). I would also add lovely 8O comments about our gorgeous female nurses in the Army and would ensure people know how little work Foxy actually does :wink:

I have a rough idea about he rest of the Army, which will be helped by copious amounts of B&C at night to ensure I get the right ideas about my fellow soldiers and what goes in the Wiki......... :wink:

9. I've allways thought amd treated it as What I Know Is. Being a member of a few "Developers" WIKIs, have allways found them to be the best source of "instant" help and a good source to hone your development and mentoring skills.
    JJ

10. Auld-Yin

Ah, but how do we know that an application or applications has/have been made? (Paranoia ripping in now). We may have a T Bliar situation where placemen get the job without it going to the best person. Surely this should be transparent and in the open. Representation from all the trades unions and the CBI whould also be included in the decision process just to ensure that the best interests of all civil servants is upheld. In fact the United Nations should set up a working party, in partnership with the EU. Nothing is too good for ARRSE.

By the way no-one has answered my question about what is a Wiki? I know what a Wookie is cos I saw him in Star Wars.

11. Rather than waste time volunteering, you can always just do what I did last night - start typing and see how long it lasts up there before someone decides they know better.

12. I would apply but really I am better at fine leg :D

I'l get me coat :oops:

13. Bad Co , I willfully step forward and offer my services to help the wiki.

Im not 100% with it but I learn as I go (as in I can use the manual !!)

14. Auld-Yin, why not try looking it up here :wink:

Ah, the famous Disco wit (well, at least half of it anyway) :wink:

Like Disco, I can read...does that mean I get the job? If not, how many more times do I have to service myself to beat Disco :lol:

Do I have to own a white jumper and gloves? Would this help?

Ghost

Edited cause I can't type!

15. I volunteer as I can do joined up writing and I know big words.