Wanted Strap on Tank Bag

Discussion in 'Classified Ads' started by Blueoffroader400, Jan 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Tank Bag to fit BMW, not magnetised just with straps....

2. could also look at kriega they have some good kit

3. Lidl's £20 cheapo worked well for three years for me, spend half an hour sorting out the bra straps then it just zips on and off. Much higher capacity than the BM specific ones. Not as quick on-off as Baglux though.

4. Hi Blueoffroader400,

I find the best place in the country for motorcycle assesories/parts/spares is:
    Motorbike Parts, Motorbike Clothing and Accessories Telford Shropshire

Kriega and OGIO stockists. Huge discounts on line. You could also visit the shop in Telford, Shropshire. Join them on line and you get VIP CLUB scheme that gives superb discounts.

If they haven't got it, call and they will source it for you.

Good luck mate.

Bumble squat.

5. Have you Googled "strap on"

6. Mav

Mav Old-Salt

Which BMW is it?

7. X59

X59 LE

The Baglux on my BMW K 1300s is the biz.

Tank paintwork protected by a colour coded cover. Tankbag expands to hold and organise a decent amount of kit, with a clear map case on top, big enough for an A4 size A-Z.

Winner.

8. Baglux definitely.

9. Is Dririder available over there? Their gear is quite good.

10. BMW Adventure R1200 GSA, looking like its going to be bagster - do i go for full tank cover or small straps? However by the time you bought both the holder and the bag your looking at £200 + figure.

Any other suggestions

11. Mav

Mav Old-Salt

What's wrong with the BMW bag - that's what I have on my GSA. Secure, well padded, extendable and waterproof. And likely available on eBay...

12. Bagster is the DS answer but, as you have discovered, not a cheap option. I guess it really depends how long you intend to keep the bike. Bagster is well made, model specific, reduces likelihood of damage to your tank and will last.

If you can get across to Germany, or have friends over there, the Louis chain of bike accesory shops do a huge range of value-for-money kit including universal tank bags in both magnetic and strap on varieties.

M&P or Busters are worth looking at online and might have something to fit your needs.

13. Mav

Mav Old-Salt

Here you go - £171 brand new BMW R1200GS ADVENTURE TANK BAG | eBay

14. X59

X59 LE

Although Baglux is pricey, they're made to last, probably longer than the bike.

You could move the Baglux to the new bike, should you choose the same model, or sell it on with the old bike or separately.

Either way, it's not a bad return on your money.