Wanted - Size 9 Pilot Boots

Discussion in 'Classified Ads' started by watertight, Jul 13, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. why not just bid for them? or is that too easy???
  2. Attention to detail; It would be quite fckuing simple to bid for them. I am after a size 9 so think it would be pretty stupid to buy something that is a size too small.
  3. Hattie, thanks for your response. I did find this site but unfortunately they only have a limited stock of certain sizes and 9 is not one of them. Appreciate your help though, cheers.
  4. 307

307 War Hero

google it mate
  5. Did do, too many differing styles, after this style in particular as I know it suits the purpose. Don't want to experiment with others really.
  6. Wait outside Brize and jump the first pilot you see, you might get lucky! If not sell them on Ebay and use the money to buy a set.
  7. Watertight, did you look into this? can they do a single pair or a pack of 5 in size 9? 75 quid for 5 pairs of grade 1's is quite good money. I've always been a fan of pilot boots, and 5 pairs would see out my service.

8. Watertight, be careful - there are now new pilot boots and they are even worse than the old ones...

The giveaway is a velcro flap at the top of the boot designed to secure away the boot laces. But true to form they also leak, are sufferingly cold and the anti - fod pattern on the sole means that you are slipping in the clay-like mud of West Freugh or Keevil regularly.

The new ones disintegrate after about two months.

If you want to look like a pilot (passed over OTC padre or something) - then wear anything but the pilot boot. Magnums are a bit chav and Junglies make you look like coco the clown. Pro boots are ridiculously hot and the normal combat high puts grit all over the cabin floor and annoys the REME.
  9. Flying boots are NOT suitable for running in. Trust me. The solid-block heel will not absorb any shock, transferring loads up to the knee-joints.
    Try Danner Arcadias, leave the flying slippers in the office.
  10. I fully agree with cloudbuster, however, if you have your heart set on a pair then PM me with an offer!