Wanted: Reputable traders who will send to BFPO

Discussion in 'Classified Ads' started by OldSnowy, Feb 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

I am looking to buy a Sony DCR-DVD403E camcorder. I thought I'd bought one via Amazon, but after five weeks (!) waiting, it turns out the people they work with, Pixmania, do not deliver to BFPO as they are based in France. Barstewards took my money though, and I've just got it back via Amazon (Amazon are fine for delivery, however, and had accepted the Address...)

So, I need someone reputable who will sell electronic toys to a BFPO (VAT-free) address. Any ideas, Arrsers?
  2. What about if you give the mill hill postcode?
  3. msr

msr LE

4. Old Snowey I used pixmania once and won't touch them with a bargepole now.

No customer support
    No helpful staff
    No replies to emails

Quite happy to take my money though !!
  5. Why not look around Germany itself and get one of the VAT free form things from your admin office!
  6. Try ebay!!!
  7. I almost bought a digital slr camera from the tw*ts, shown in uk magazines & search engines as 'full uk spec' When I phoned (08700 number) I was a bit suspicious of the strong frog accent. "Full uk spec"..."yes"......."Is the user's manual in English?"......"No, but eet can be downloaded from ze internet in English".....Frog tw*t.

Apologies for the off topic rant :oops:
  8. OldSnowy

Thanks for all the useful tips - I was surprised at how bloody hard it is to find anyone selling VAT-free to BFPO.

By the way, I'm not in Germany, but Iraq, although that doesn't seem to give Amazon any problems - only those knobjockeys at Pixmania. They probably fecked me about for being here in the first place :)
  9. Can you not get one from Kuwait?
  10. OldSnowy

Sorry, too far from KU - by several hundred K. We don't all get te advantages of Shaibizah :)

I'll try a few more websites, but may have to end up paying VAT (Sob).
  11. OldSnowy

Just an update - and an unsolicited testimonial, as they used to say in adverts many years ago.

MSR kindly found me a good supplier. These people were very friendly, and within 24 hours of my enquiry had amended their website to allow sales specifially to BFPO 663 - I was VERY impressed. They will also send to somewhere that is not the Credit Card Billing Address - something many will not.

These great people are:

Phoenix Computer Systems Ltd
    Tel : 0870 3891150
    Fax : 0871 4742319

And I can thoroughly recommend them. They were decent to someone in the middle of nowhere, after i was fecked about royally by Amazon, and other suppliers just didn't want to know.

Thanks to MSR for this once more :)
  12. I am sorry but I can't help you with a Sony camcorder but I run the sales for Richer Sounds and we now deliver to all BFPO addresses vat free outside the UK so pass the word on!!!
  13. If you're after a PC, Laptop or any of that type of gubbins, try www.dell.co.uk. I've had 2 PCs, a Laptop and a high-spec Pocket PC all from Dell whilst living in Germany. Not VAT paid (they deduct it for you) and prompt service (one PC was delivered to me within a week!)

I would reccommend them anytime.

On the other hand - avoid Boots The Chemist. It took 3 months and lots (and I mean lots) of phone calls to get a delivery sorted out.

edited for missing bits out - oops
  14. ..... for good quality watches (tag, omega, breitling etc) try www.blitzwatches.co.uk.

if you phone them, ask for LEE....amazingly wilko company, normally do discount and VAT off...their prices are much cheaper than NAAFI or PRI