Wanted....RAMC (white) belt - No2 dress uni

Discussion in 'Classified Ads' started by Uncle_Harry, Mar 23, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Help! I need a white belt (pref RAMC but not essential) for No2 uniform next week!!!! Can anyone help??? :?

2. thought RAMC No2 belts are green?

3. Don't ask !!!! :evil:

4. I'm asking...?

5. Some people are soooooooo nosey!
    OK. It isn't for me, it's for my son. He has the green belt but wants the white belt to match his lanyard (??). I don't ask questions, I just follow the last order!!!! :roll:

6. The RAMC lanyard is red :wink: If its official doesn't his QM's have some in store or at the very least they might be able to get hold of some from Keogh.

7. :? Apparently, the only 'official' occasion he wore no2 uniform was at the passing off parade & they were all supplied with white belts for that! 8O

(btw His lanyard is red/burgundy, my mistake!)
    In the meantime, if anyone has one to sell, please let me know!! :wink:

8. First things first, the lanyard is Dull Cherry.

Secondly if he is looking for a white belt let him know that firstly the RAMC don't wear them (save for RP staff) and secondly they are only buff leather belts that have been blankoed.

9. Many units (outside of the Household Div) seem to prefer white plastic these days.. They don't require "Blanco" or even "Shoe Whitener" and then there's the small matter of having the correct locket.

Suggest your son double-checks with his Unit before making too many bids on e-bay for something he may wish he hadn't appeared in! 8O

10. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

We wear what we like cos we are the RAMC!

11. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

It's Dull Cherry!

12. Thanks anyway chaps (& chapess!). We have managed to create a hybrid belt. It consists of the clasp from an old RAMC stable belt, a 'virgin' length of white belt fabric & the services of the local upholsterer to stitch the thing together!
    I must admit, it looks pretty smart!

13. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Nice one Harry.