Wanted: PRRs

I'd like a Gimpy for some back garden 'plinking' but it ain't gonna happen is it!

Well iv asked for Dpm kit and radios... The reason: founding a paramilitary of course.

Well iv asked for Dpm kit and radios... The reason: founding a paramilitary of course.
There's quite a few here where I live, they're not just as busy as they used to be, so they might be open to offers.

PRRs as we need radios, some of us are trained on the PRRs by the cadet training teams, and otter than the 349s they are the only other radio we are suppose to use, the number depends on the price. And the idea of looking aly infront of 13 years olds... Only the seniors will be using them and occasionally others so normally 15-17 years olds ish

There is a new one on ebay for 299 notes. Sure you don't want to pop in to Maplins and get Motorola for a bulls eye?

There is a new one on ebay for 299 notes. Sure you don't want to pop in to Maplins and get Motorola for a bulls eye?
299 is more dear than expected.. Why don't the army just use motorollas then? Or are they just not as good? Genuinely wondering.

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on some working PRR's as well, but that isn't going to happen when I've got to use issued ones......

Iv only had good experiences with prrs, but then maybe it just because I'm used to 349s. But honestly never had a problem with prrs an it not like we get anything near brand new ones ether. What problems do people find with them?

I'm not sure why you want all the expensive equipment for your cadets. Commercially available equipment will work just as well, especially if your goal is just to teach them basic signals procedure. The PRRs operate on military frequencies anyway - you could be getting yourself into unexpected trouble somewhere down the line if you happen to pick a frequency that conflicts with one being used by a military unit in the area.

Do you enjoy wasteing money? Whats wrong with issied radios like the 349 or if theres an emergency your instructors will have mobiles.